“Louisville Original - My All Time Favorite”

Havana Rumba St. Matthews
Ranked #19 of 1,859 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: Havana Rumba is a trip to the Caribbean no passport required. Join the Cuban party without having to break the travel restrictions. Buen provecho!
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Havana Rumba is a "Louisville Original" and my all time favorite restaurant in Louisville, KY. Cuban cuisine at it's absolute finest. I highly recommend the Vaca Frita with rice, black bean soup, sweet potatoe fries, and a side of red chimicurra. Mix the rice, beans and red together for a meal in itself. I love everything about this place. If you want to enjoy a drink, the house Mojito is one of the best you will find. Also for a lighter meal the grouper is my 2nd favorite meal. I could eat "The Rumba" three times a week. I've got all my friends loving "The Rumba" too!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My 2nd time eating here. My wife and I stopped here on our vacation thru Louisville. We shared the Tapeo Criollo (Mixed Tapas). It consists of Papas rellenas, chicken empanada, veggie empanada, cuban tamale, grilled Spanish chorizo, ham and chicken croquettes, marinated mixed olives, and roasted bell peppers. Plenty of food for 2. Price was $18.99 before tax. Everything was delicious. Can't wait to visit next year!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went to Havana Rumba on the 24th of Oct mid afternoon with the wife to beat the crowd. Handicap accessability was good until it came time to get to the restrooms. Why does everyone stack the extra chairs in the little hallway to the restrooms ? Apparently they were expecting a larger than normal crowd with the number of extra chairs stacked up. The food, of course, was out of this world. The shrimp are addictive at the very least. The cuban sandwich I ordered was good but I think would have been better without the hard toasted exterior. Overall a good choice for the afternoon meal. A little pricey for the "lunch" menu at $50+ for two of us. One app, sandwich plate and two drinks.The real problem came when we got home (1 hour later) and the wife realized that she had left her invis-alines at the table. After finding the number to the restaurant and getting someone to pick up the phone I was told that "she didn't have time to ask my waitress (I gave her name from the receipt) if she had found them but could she call me back when things slowed down. I gave her my number and thanked her for her assistance. I'm still waiting on the return call. It's been over a week now and still no call. Obviously the impression she left with me is no big deal to her but I can say I won't be going back to that H.R again and if asked I'll let everyone know how important my business was.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Delicious food, great drinks, fun dinner! Service was great. Restaurant is too loud...too much fun? Must eats: black beans, plantains, Roma Vieja, lechon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

live music, dancing waiters/customers, cheap drinks and great food...try the shrimp, you'll get addicted