“Consistently good!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We love Mojitos. We've never had a bad meal. The service is friendly and attentive, pretty good drinks, and enough options for vegetarians. On this visit we had the mushroom au gratin, Rioja spare ribs, garlic shrimp, and pear salad. I don't usually like bananas in bread pudding but it was delicious. The churros were different from what I remember, almost cookie-like, not my favorite. Otherwise, great visit and we look forward to our next time at Mojitos.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Mojito's is located a short drive outside of the city (15-20 minutes), but was one of the only Cuban-style restaurants open on the 4th of July. The service was good, the food was great, the prices were a little high, but not escessive. The atmosphere inside was pretty loud. Our impression was that the restaurant was pretty popular, but had not yet reached the point where they could afford / needed to move to a larger space. If it were for the clowns at the table next to us arguing about how to grow grass, the sound level wouldn't have been a problem.
We noticed on the men's the t the paella took one hour to prepare, so we out our order in for that right away. While we waited, we samples two of their tapas: stuffed red peppers and guacamole. The peppers were stuffed with goat cheese, and were delicious. The guacamole was served with fried plantain chips, which was different, but also very good. The guacamole was smooth with a little spice to it. When the paella finally arrived, it came out hot and seemed large enough to feed three or more people, not only two people as the menu indicated. And it was delicious. We could only eat about 2/3 of it, and probably should have stopped before that, but it was worth it. And my wife enjoyed the leftovers the next day. The service was very friendly, and very much a team effort. Our server was always nearby to make sure we had a full drink and any dirty dished were removed promptly.
We cannot comment on the alcoholic beverages, as we stuck with water on this trip, but the monitors and margaritas seemed very popular and were served in a sophisticated style (no plastic buckets with crazy straws).

1  Thank AmateurAdventurers
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter was excellent. The other staff we interacted with were very nice. Food brought out a little at a time so you can pace yourself. Scallops, croquetts, chicken with rice/beans were wonderful. Go a little early to get a table.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I honestly do not know how anyone could give this place a bad review! I see that some of the bad reviews indicate that the portions are small and the service is leisurely. Isn't that what a tapas bar is supposed to be? Actually for a tapas bar the servings are generous. My only regret is that I had only one of my sons with me. We would have been able to try more items if we had a bigger group. The food was really amazing. I recently went to a tapas type restaurant in LA called Son of a Gun; which is extremely well reviewed. This place was by far better, with larger servings and a better price. The food and flavors were great, the service was wonderful and the price - wow! We left quite full, with desert for $28. This is an excellent value for the quality. I am trying to think of ways to get back to Louisville with a bigger group! Get the beef tenderloin on mash potatoes with blue cheese, shaved fried onions and port wine reduction. Sometimes when a meal includes all these ingredients one flavor overpowers the others. Not here just enough of each!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

i've never had anything here that wasn't excellent. you cannot go wrong. only c/o is can get pricey if you're seduced by the small portions and order a lot.