“THE place to stay in Louisville”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Rocking Horse Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Syndey
“THE place to stay in Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

I had the great pleasure of staying at the Rocking Horse Manor in May 2009. The hosts John and Richardo were the loveliest gentlemen and made you feel so at "home". I cannot express enough the absolute beauty of the Richardsonian/Romanesque Architechture.I felt like I had gone back in time. If you get to stay there you will be touched by old world charm and hospitality. Thanks John and Richardo :)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MarySydney_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

I wish I would have had made time to relax at this wonderful place! John and Ricardo made me feel like family immediately and I felt spoiled with luxury - the attention to detail is incredible. I will be back and I will tell everyone to make Rocking Horse a destination.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TerR
Winnipeg, MB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

A couple of co-workers and I stayed at the Historic Rocking Horse while in Louisville on business. This was a fantastic B&B and we had an incredible stay. I can’t say a bad thing about it.
The rooms are beautiful, big and clean. The beds are extremely comfortable with many pillows to choose from. I usually pack my own pillow when I travel, but it was not at all necessary when travelling to the Rocking Horse. The washrooms were spotless and stunning. Lots of hot water and great water pressure from the showers. The two-person jetted tub in the Victorian suite is gorgeous!
The building itself is absolutely spectacular and rich in history. There are surprises around every corner and we really felt like we were experiencing something special from Old Louisville. There is a nice little walking tour close to the B&B and the location is perfect. A few blocks from downtown and a short drive to many amenities.
Breakfast is delicious. Not only are John and Ricardo the perfect hosts, they make a delicious breakfast too! With different choices every morning and two courses, with orange juice, coffee and a tall glass of water; we left the B&B every day full and satisfied.
Our stay at the Rocking Horse was so good; we’ve already re-booked for next year. Thank you John and Ricardo for the wonderful accommodation. Can’t wait to come back!

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank lilythetiger
philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2008

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Rocking Horse Manor B&B. We got into the city late and were still greeted at the door by John and was given a tour of the house and was told of all of the amenities offered. They always have available complimentary beverages, snacks and homemade cookies. Our room was beautiful, as was the rest of the house. Breakfast was two courses, and each day we were given different choices for our meals. John and Ricardo went above and beyond offering suggestions for going out and even looked up a local bar for us and printed directions at 10pm. There is a third floor lounge area that has a beverage and snack area with seating, tv and dvd player, and a selection of movies. Also, the location can't be beat. It is about 4-5 blocks from downtown, a couple miles from Bardstown Road, and 5 blocks or so from U of L. Upon our next visit to the city, we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Liked — The owners were exceedingly hospitable and the food was delicious!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank hzajac
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

My Boyfriend and I stayed at Rocking Horse Manor a week ago for one of my best friend's wedding's in Louisville Kentucky and it was enchanted! It was one of the most lovely B & B's I have ever stayed in and I can be very hard to please. John and Ricardo were the most gracious hosts and have thought of everything. The place is gorgeous, immaculate and absolutely lovely! We stayed in the suite, which was huge, and had an amazing jacuzzi tub. I highly recommend everything and the location was stunning. Do Not Miss this one! Thanks Guys! We will be back! Best!!

• Liked — It was romantic, authentic, restored, historic, gorgeous and hosts were wonderful.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank actinggenius
Oregon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2008

We drove into Louisville at the last minute without reservations for any place to stay. I called the Manor and after the conversation knew I wanted to stay there. John is very knowledgable and offers great suggestions for site seeing and dining. We drove to the manor and immediately unpacked our bags to book the room. Non-alcoholic beverages and great chocolate chip cookies are available. Within the hour John delivered a great bottle of Cabernet to relax after a long drive. As all other reviews stated, the inn is awesome. We hope to return and stay longer. Thank you John and Ricardo for a memorable stay. Kari and Dan

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

There's a lot we can say about the Rocking Horse Bed & Breakfast in Louisville but we'll keep it to the point. This place was excellent. John and Ricardo were excellent hosts. The home is beautiful and the rooms are so comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. This beats a hotel room any day of the week!

• Liked — The innkeepers
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple