“Beautiful antique historic house! Comfort and great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Rocking Horse Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 15 Louisville B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The Rocking Horse Manor B&B is a beautiful house fully decorated with antiques. There are rocking horses and many many other lovely details all over the place. The host was very kind and attentive, the food was great and the rooms very comfortable and delicately decorated. Besides, the B&B has a great location, very close to many touristic attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 8, 2014

What a fun surprise the place was it is located in Old Louisville and is done up beautifully. The hosts are very knowledgable about the home, the history of the area send all the places. It was so wonderfully different from sell those regular cookie cutter hotels! We actually had the pleasure of staying in the turret room. If you want to try something delightfully fop different this is the place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hello. My wife and I made reservations for April 2 and were called today, March 31st, to say they had an "emergency" and were not able to have guests for this week. We were very much looking forward to the stay at the Rocking Horse after a 400-plus mile drive, but that's not going to happen. I see in other reviews similar things have happened before with this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pete M
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I visited Louisville with some friends for a conference at the University and we had an amazing experience staying at the Rocking Horse. The historic home has been beautifully preserved, the rooms are extremely well-kept and comfortable (even the daybed I slept on), and the breakfast was PHENOMENAL (egg soufflé? to die for). The location is perfect, the atmosphere is divine, and I absolutely recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a place to stay in Louisville!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room that had a daybed in it (there were two of us). I slept on the daybed and was...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our stay at the Rocking Horse Manor couldn't have been more enjoyable- what a wonderful place! The house is stunning, with a warm, cozy atmosphere that makes you feel at home. In addition to the guest rooms, there is a first floor living room with a fireplace, a parlor with soft music, and a third floor sitting room with movies, games, drinks, and snacks- plenty of different spaces to enjoy yourself. We stayed during the winter, but I hear that the backyard is wonderful. The owners make you feel so welcome and love to offer advice on places to visit and things to do while in the city. And the breakfast is incredible. This would be a good place for singles, couples, or larger groups to stay because of the variety of room sizes and the additional spaces in the house.

Room Tip: The website offers good photos and descriptions of the rooms, so you should easily be able to choose...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara3478
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My 13-year-old found the Rocking Horse when we were looking for places to stay on a cross-country road trip we took with my parents. She had never stayed in a B & B before. When she saw the photos of the house and the rooms, she was hooked.
We had a lovely room with a queen bed for her sister and I and a daybed for her. My parents were just down the hall. My girls loved the decor and the amenities like the soft robes and the snack area upstairs. We all slept well. The house is solid so you don't hear any noise from the street outside. The Rocking Horse is on the edge of the historic district in a neighborhood that is still transitioning a bit but we parked a Corvette and a brand new SUV out front without a problem.
Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. Fresh yogurt parfaits for everyone, fresh from the griddle pancakes for my dad and the girls (and they are sooo picky about pancakes) and these great egg and broccoli souffles for my mom and I. Ricardo and John were so nice and made it such a treat for my girls.They also very graciously got up early to serve us breakfast, since we had to get on the road.
A photo I took of my parents and the girls in the beautiful dining room is on my screensaver at work. Every time it pops up I am reminded of the delightful way we started our trip. John and Ricardo's hospitality can't be beat and really helped us start our trip off on the right foot!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Everything about this B&B is perfect and should not be changed - except the pancakes offered at breakfast. Owners are wonderful, decor is gorgeous, location is perfect, rooms are terrific, and could go on and on. The pancakes are not freshly made and appear to be frozen and warmed up. Change that and you have the best B&B that is available. This is not a complaint - just some honest feedback and constructive criticism.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple