“Gorgeous inn!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocking Horse Manor Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Rocking Horse Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Brighton, Michigan
“Gorgeous inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I visited Louisville with some friends for a conference at the University and we had an amazing experience staying at the Rocking Horse. The historic home has been beautifully preserved, the rooms are extremely well-kept and comfortable (even the daybed I slept on), and the breakfast was PHENOMENAL (egg soufflé? to die for). The location is perfect, the atmosphere is divine, and I absolutely recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a place to stay in Louisville!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room that had a daybed in it (there were two of us). I slept on the daybed and was...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our stay at the Rocking Horse Manor couldn't have been more enjoyable- what a wonderful place! The house is stunning, with a warm, cozy atmosphere that makes you feel at home. In addition to the guest rooms, there is a first floor living room with a fireplace, a parlor with soft music, and a third floor sitting room with movies, games, drinks, and snacks- plenty of different spaces to enjoy yourself. We stayed during the winter, but I hear that the backyard is wonderful. The owners make you feel so welcome and love to offer advice on places to visit and things to do while in the city. And the breakfast is incredible. This would be a good place for singles, couples, or larger groups to stay because of the variety of room sizes and the additional spaces in the house.

Room Tip: The website offers good photos and descriptions of the rooms, so you should easily be able to choose...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara3478
Taneytown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

My 13-year-old found the Rocking Horse when we were looking for places to stay on a cross-country road trip we took with my parents. She had never stayed in a B & B before. When she saw the photos of the house and the rooms, she was hooked.
We had a lovely room with a queen bed for her sister and I and a daybed for her. My parents were just down the hall. My girls loved the decor and the amenities like the soft robes and the snack area upstairs. We all slept well. The house is solid so you don't hear any noise from the street outside. The Rocking Horse is on the edge of the historic district in a neighborhood that is still transitioning a bit but we parked a Corvette and a brand new SUV out front without a problem.
Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. Fresh yogurt parfaits for everyone, fresh from the griddle pancakes for my dad and the girls (and they are sooo picky about pancakes) and these great egg and broccoli souffles for my mom and I. Ricardo and John were so nice and made it such a treat for my girls.They also very graciously got up early to serve us breakfast, since we had to get on the road.
A photo I took of my parents and the girls in the beautiful dining room is on my screensaver at work. Every time it pops up I am reminded of the delightful way we started our trip. John and Ricardo's hospitality can't be beat and really helped us start our trip off on the right foot!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Everything about this B&B is perfect and should not be changed - except the pancakes offered at breakfast. Owners are wonderful, decor is gorgeous, location is perfect, rooms are terrific, and could go on and on. The pancakes are not freshly made and appear to be frozen and warmed up. Change that and you have the best B&B that is available. This is not a complaint - just some honest feedback and constructive criticism.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

The furnishing and comfort of this Victorian house make it worth your while staying here alone. The stained glass, lamps, furnishings and collectables everywhere make it an interesting exploration and the Victorian plumbing beats the controls in many modern hotels.

Add onto that the hospitality of John & Ricardo and its a must if your staying in Louisville. Their breakfast is a delight.

John's encyclopaedic knowledge of local attractions and the time he takes in explaining the tour route you should take makes it a great base for staying in the town.

It's certainly in the top rank of B&B's we've stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is one of the finest B & B's we have visited anywhere. The location on the
edge of the Historic District of Loiusville was a main interest. But the opulently
decorated Victorian and the hospitality of its owners, John and Richardo, was
very special. Our room, Louise's Country Cottage was on the second floor of
three and decorated to perfection. The furnishing are worth a long look. The breakfast and the dining service were superb. And helpful suggestions as to what to see
in a short period of time was John's forte.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room avoid a long stair climb
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrison, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I cannot possibly name all the reasons I love this place! It is so gorgeous with its intricately carved wooden staircase, stained-glass windows, beautiful furnishings, tiffany lamps, chandelier, flowers, glassware, etc., etc., etc. I felt like a little girl in her very own life size doll-house! There are antique & vintage collectibles everywhere. It is such a treat to the eyes! The ambience of the place it sooooo relaxing. It just plain smells good! The moment you enter, you can detect the slight scent of potpourri or candles. When you enter the main living room downstairs, there is the ever-so-soft sound of mood music. You don't hear it at all until you are perfectly quiet, then you barely hear it - just loud enough to be sort of dream-like.

The rooms are all different. I chose "Patricia's Hide-a-Way" on the 3rd floor. It was extremely clean and charming. Right outside of the 3rd floor rooms is a small entertainment room with a refrigerator, ice-maker, water for tea, coffee, and cans of soda pop and bottled water. I didn't pack a lot, but if you do pack a lot of luggage, you may want to stay in one of the 2nd floor rooms, unless you want the exercise of walking up to the 3rd floor. It was very quiet on the 3rd floor, and I actually slept sound. Did not have to listen to the sound of doors opening & closing like you do in most hotels.

The next morning John and Ricardo (the owners) had cooked an excellent breakfast. The food was superb, and so was the coffee! These two men are so kind and accomodating. John gave me advice on places to see while in Louisville, places to eat, and even the business card of a good local taxi-cab company. He told me the history of the house and many historic facts about the city of Louisville.

When I checked-out at 11:00am, I felt so relaxed, and all that stress I had walked in with - was GONE! I kid you not - between the good night's sleep I got, and the relaxing atmosphere of the place, it made me feel like a different person the next day.

You cannot find a better Bed and Breakfast than "The Rocking Horse Manor Bed & Breakfast". I wish I could have stayed longer than just one night. Thank you John and Ricardo!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo