All reviewspeacock roomwonderful hostsback porchpoached pearjames roomrose garden suitehavarti cheeseorganic ingredientslovely homebreakfast was amazingold victorianhighly recommend this b bthird floorwonderful weekendstep back in timeevery morningmodern conveniences
Reviewed December 10, 2008

My husband and i had a terrible experience at this B&B. When we went to check in at 1pm, they told us to come back at 3pm without asking if we would like to leave our bags. The room we stayed in was beautiful, but there was VERY low water pressure in the sink and I had to wash my face with the tub faucet. Also, the inn keepers, Kevin and Nancy, do not own the b&b and that is reflected in their service. While I was sitting in the living room reading a book, they were yelling to each other across the house about their dinner plans, and in the evenings on both days, the inn keepers and a few other people who were not guests were sitting in the living room having drinks and talking, making it very uninviting to spend time in the common areas. Also, at 5am, Christmas music from the kitchen woke up my husband and me. These are only a few of the bad experiences over our two day stay. I would NEVER stay here again. There are MUCH nicer B&B's in Old Louisville.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank hzajac
RWCP, President/Owner at Central Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2008

As the owner and President of Central Park Bed and Breakfast I would like to apologize for any misunderstandings and address the issues that have been raised about your stay with us in this forum you have chosen..

The title of this review:

“You can tell the owners live in California!”

This is an interesting comment because, my wife and I do live in California, however, we were both in the parlors at Central Park when you and your husband arrived at our establishment. We travel to our Inn several times each year, and at this time of the year in particular, for the Christmas home tour which our Inn and two others in Old Louisville have been a part of for the past three years.

To address these individual points please see our response below:

“When we went to check in at 1pm, they told us to come back at 3pm without asking if we would like to leave our bags.”
It is unfortunate that your room was not ready when you arrived early at 1pm, we make every attempt to insure that room are available by the stated check-in time of 3pm and attempt to accommodate the needs of our guests with advance notice (such as an early check in or check out). Although there were no bags with you at 1pm, I do apologize for someone not asking you if you had bags that you would have liked to have left with us prior to your check-in.

“The room we stayed in was beautiful, but there was VERY low water pressure in the sink and I had to wash my face with the tub faucet.”
We thank you for your complement on the appointments of our rooms. We strive to maintain the beauty of the mansion for the enjoyment of our guests.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Upon reading your complaint, we are had the issue addressed (a small piece of calcification in the faucet aerator) Had this issue been brought to our attention at the time, we would have attempted to fix the problem or given you a different room. Our goal is to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible; our staff is very responsive to issues that are brought to their attention.

“Also, the inn keepers, Kevin and Nancy, do not own the b&b and that is reflected in their service.”

The comment as noted here is non specific which makes it impossible to respond to.

For the record Kevin and Nancy Hopper have been the innkeepers for Central Park Bed and Breakfast since July 2007. Reviews of their hospitality as noted in “Trip Advisor” speak for themselves. As the owners of Central Park Bed and Breakfast we have received no complaints about their service.

“While I was sitting in the living room reading a book, they were yelling to each other across the house about their dinner plans,”

During the day to day operation of the mansion their may be conversations about where to go for dinner. As for yelling I do not believe so, if fact during the period in question approximately 500 people toured the first floor during the Christmas Holiday home tour.

“and in the evenings on both days, the inn keepers and a few other people who were not guests were sitting in the living room having drinks and talking, making it very uninviting to spend time in the common areas.”

As for this comment, my wife and I (the owners of Central Park B and B) and one of the innkeepers (Kevin) were enjoying the company of our guests from Canada who were staying in one of the third floor suites. We were in one of the two front parlors (the one with the grand piano) which left the other parlor empty.

Any of our guest can and do elect to join us, the choice is theirs. Or they can choose to relax in the other parlor in front of the inviting fireplace.

We enjoy meeting our guests and listening to their experiences. We feel that it is the meeting of other guests and exchange of ideas that puts us in touch with our clients needs. We use this forum to continue to improve our services and provide what our guests tell us they like about the bed and breakfast experience.

We apologize that you felt that the common areas were uninviting do to the conversations between the owners, innkeepers and other paying guests of the Inn. If you had made your requirements known for the exclusive use of the Inn, we would have been pleased to have you to reserve the entire Inn for your private use.

“Also, at 5am, Christmas music from the kitchen woke up my husband and me.”

There is satellite radio that is provided on the first floor for the enjoyment of our guests and ambience, there is no radio in the kitchen. The radio in the front parlor is kept at a very low level I personally set the level which I can not hear from the second floor. The innkeepers do not go down to the kitchen until 7am.

I do apologize if you and your husband were disturbed.

“These are only a few of the bad experiences over our two day stay.” We are saddened to hear of your disappointment in your stay with us and can assure you that we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations.
I would like to suggest that in the future, if you would make your concerns known during your stay (wherever that may be) that your concerns can be addressed quickly to assure you a more comfortable stay.

“I would NEVER stay here again.” We will leave the door open, just in case.

“There are MUCH nicer B&B's in Old Louisville.”

We are very competitive with our friends around town and invite comparison of the Inn and our amenities to any of the other Band B’s. It has been our goal since we purchased the inn to make it the most luxurious inn and best place to stay in Kentucky.

In closing, please remember that there are two sides to every story and there is much more to this one, I prefer to take the high road here.

Best Regards,
Robert Wessels President/CEO, Central Park Bed and Breakfast LLC

Reviewed September 8, 2008

We had a wonderful time at the Central Park Bed and Breakfast. Our room was beautiful and our breakfast was delicious. They were graciously accommodating to my food allergies. They have created a wonderfully warm environment and we look forward to visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2008

I should begin by saying that we have stayed in many b&b's (we try to go every couple of months in order to have a quiet weekend away from our four boys), so we have a good basis of camparison. We almost never go to the same one twice because we like seeing new places. However, we stayed in February, and will definately be back to this one! Nancy and Kevin, the inkeepers, were so great. Nancy is so charming and a great storyteller. We stayed in the Saint James, and it was probably the most romantic room we've had in quite a while. It was so private, and the tub was great. We were there during the big snowstorm, and although we usually try to venture out and check out the area we are staying in, we were perfectly content to stay in because of where we were. The house is beautiful, with its achitecture and antiques. We did venture out for a little bit to get something to eat and were amazed at all of the gorgeous homes surrounding the b&b. Can't wait to go back and see them this spring! Thank you so much, Nancy and Kevin, hope to see you soon!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank srbstratton
Reviewed April 18, 2008

This is the classic picture-book 1890's mansion I dream of, and Nancy is the classic lady of the house. She is so cool and makes a to-die-for crepe and ham breakfast. And you feel like part of the family. Our room overlooked Central Park; had Wi-Fi; compact bath with shower, plasma TV; even first class bath amenities and big old robes you could get lost in. Relaxing in the parlor with the grand piano and stain glass window; walking in the garden and listening to the fountain; having a glass of chardonnay from the antique bar downstairs at midnight - on the house – I need to do this again really soon. This is escapism at its best. And be sure to go around the corner to Amici Café for late night Italian - molto bello!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2008

I used my "thank you miles" on this bed and breakfast, so it was a really good deal! We stayed in the St. James Suite, very nice. Great bed and great hottub! The breakfast the next morning was delicious! The pancakes were to die for! We also went to the houseboat show and then to a little italian place just down the road from the bed and breakfast. It was just a short walk. We had a great meal there, it was called Amici's. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple