“First Time Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Louisville, Kentucky
“First Time Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I were married in Louisville three days ago, and we decided a few months back that instead of honeymooning in a hotel, we would stay at a bed and breakfast. Being locals (that were a bit short of coin at the time), a honeymoon in our home town sounded just the ticket. With the help of my soon-to-be-mother-in-law, we booked at Central Park B&B, and enjoyed a three-night stay at the coziest place I think I have ever visited. Originally, we were booked for two nights, but we had such a great time, we asked to stay for a third night, to which Robert and Eva kindly obliged. The furniture is beautiful and museum-quality, the breakfasts were exquisite (and delicious, of course), and both of us had an enormous amount of trouble getting out of the absurdly comfortable beds (I had NO idea the mattresses would come with memory-foam-toppers--so yes, amazing beds, which I cannot complement enough). I will admit, one of my favorite things was being able to stay around Halloween, because the Halloween decor around the house was absolutely adorable. The entire house was so quiet most of the time, we had no idea until the second day that anyone else was actually staying there! At first, I was a bit nervous to sit at a large table with all the other collective guests, that being my first B&B and all, but everyone was very friendly, and they even gave us newly-weds some marriage advice. I suppressed a giggle at the other younger folks sitting at the single tables, because I was very tempted to yell "hey, come over here and join the group!" All-in-all, Robert and Eva (and Jackie, as well) were so welcoming and warm to us, and I can't wait to book again for our first anniversary next year. My only regret is that I was really interested in playing the piano in the common room for everyone, but I tend to let my shyness get the better of me sometimes. So if you are looking for a place to stay, please consider Central Park B&B--you will not regret it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the St. James room, which was roomy and luxurious. All of the rooms are beautiful, thou...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I just returned from staying two nights at Central Park Bed and Breakfast and it was a winner for sure. I came to Louisville for a conference but the conference hotel sold out before I made my reservation. I turned to Select Registry to find a local b&b that was close to the conference and within my meager travel allowance. How surprised and now, how happy, am I that Central Park fit those criteria and delivered much, much more. I came in a stranger and left feeling like I made friends. Bob and Eva were very generous with their time and Eva's breakfasts...amazingly delicious and healthy. Do yourself and your pocketbook a favor and stay there. You won't regret it. And make sure you walk around the neighborhood. It is full of restored Victorian mansions, many as beautiful as their house.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed a night at the Rose Garden suite. We loved our stay! The suite was super comfortable and the newly renovated bath was gorgeous. Breakfast was wonderful, bourbon french toast and poached pears. My husband marveled at the fact he loved the poached pear. The bed was super comfy and the hosts were very nice and knowledgeable about Louisville. We especially loved seeing a show at the Palace Theater. It's such a nice, small venue. We also loved the Mussel and Burger Bar.

Room Tip: The location is just about a mile south of downtown. However, you will need a car. We loved the up...
Greenfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I can again only reiterate what so many other reviewers have said and confirm what a truly superb place the Central Park Bed & Breakfast is to stay at. The hosts, Robert and Eva, are incredibly friendly and they are very happy to share their detailed knowledge of Louisville and the surrounding area. On top of that, the accommodation is delightful and the breakfasts are an absolute treat with our vegetarian diet being expertly catered for. Staying here is a pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I guess I can only repeat what so many reviewers before me have liked about this beautiful B&B in Louisville. Your hosts are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, giving you many tips and suggestions for your exploring the city. Even though there are some great places to have dinner, don't eat! You will want to save room for the delicious breakfast. I had to leave early on my last day and Eva prepared a take-away breakfast that was better, healthier and bigger than most breakfasts anywhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were greeted immediately upon arrival by the very friendly owners Eva and Bob. As we were the first to arrive, we were given a tour of the charming residence. The decor of every room was delightful and very inviting. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were fabulous. We stayed in the Central Park room and the view was great as was the whirlpool tub and the bed was extremely comfortable. The owners provided a variety of snacks and coffee/tea for the guests in the common areas including freshly made ginger snap cookies. Breakfast with the other guests in the morning was quite a treat! The food was fresh, unique and delicious and the conversation was a great way to start the day. Eva and Bob were very kind and attentive. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a nice relaxing time away from home!

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked wonderful so you can't go wrong!
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Fabulous Victorian home decorated lavishly. We experienced a pleasant stay in one of the rooms in the main house which had a small but adequate private bath. The breakfast was excellent both in flavor and presentation. The hosts are very friendly and we would not hesitate in staying there again when visiting Louisville.

• 4 of 5 bubbles