All reviews peacock room wonderful hosts back porch james room poached pear b and b carriage house organic ingredients havarti cheese lovely home victorian era breakfast was amazing made from scratch gourmet breakfast st james third floor wonderful weekend
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Central Park B&B. This was our second stay here, and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. The house and guest rooms are beautiful and well-maintained. We have always requested a room on the third floor which have king beds and jacuzzis; however, all the rooms are special. Bob and Eva are wonderful hosts. Bob was very helpful with suggestions to make our anniversary more special. Eva prepared a delicious breakfast to take to our room. Eva is an excellent cook, and she enjoys preparing meals which are not only delicious, but beautifully presented. We would recommend the Central Park Bed and Breakfast as an excellent choice for accommodations whenever you are in Louisville.

2  Thank Terry043
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Central Park for the Derby 2012 and loved our experience. Bob and Eva were wonderful hosts. Eva cooks amazing 2 course breakfasts and accomodated my Gluten allergy better than I could have imagined. Each day Eva created a delicious GF breakfast just for me; for our first breakfast Eva made me GF muffins (which she packed for me to take to the races) and on the second and third day she gave me GF baked goods from a local bakery. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and the location is perfect for attending races at Churchill Downs (prob 2 miles away). Bob provided shuttle service for the Oaks/Derby race days, which made going to the races VERY easy. We would recommend CP to anyone - it made our Derby experience unforgettable!

1  Thank suzanne s
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed here for the Kentucky Derby and loved the property, location, and innkeepers. Rooms and house are in great condition. Inn is a few blocks from the heart of downtown. The innkeepers provided some generous perks for Derby weekend and don't bother making other breakfast/brunch plans because Eva's cooking is top-notch, much better than most B&Bs. Great choice for any Louisville visit!

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Fantastic Hosts, fantastic food from Eve and wonderful advice on attractions in the area and places to visit and eat - this is exactly why we choose a Bed and Breakfast for our many travels.
Rooms were elegant and a great bed.

Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank HungryHunter62
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Eve and Bob, owners of Central Park Bed and Breakfast are wonderful hosts. What a fabulous experience. The home and rooms are beyond expectation - and Eve's cooking is unbelievable. We would return in a minute. The Derby was on our bucket list and Central Park B and B was a bonus. Not sure if we will return to the Derby but will definitely put Central Park B & B back in the bucket for a return trip.

Room tip: We stayed In the St. James which was lovely but I think they are all exceptionally well done. No pool but our room had a large whirlpool
1  Thank Pamela M