“Worst Fish and Chips I have ever had”
Review of Fox & Hound Pub & Grille - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I will not be going back to this pub. My husband had a cheeseburger that was suppose to be medium and it was very dry and flavorless. He also did not the fry because they were not crispy. I had the fish and chips and it was more burnt badder than fish. It was very greasy and I could not eat it. Service was slow and they were not busy.

There are newer reviews for Fox & Hound Pub & Grille

Reviewed February 8, 2009

I took a friend to the Fox and Hound the other day for dinner. I told the hostess we wanted to sit in the Dining area and I was told to sit wherever I liked. The waitress took our order and then she returned five minutes later and said she couldn't put it in because the computer was down. I don't underdstand why she couldn't take it to the kitchen and then ring up the ticket later. WE got our drinks but we sat there for 30 minutes without getting any food. We threw some money on the table and left. The last time I ate here they had a regular dining area now it's more like a bar. I won't be going back and I doubt they stay open long if they continue to ignore their customers. You would think that most restaurants would bend over backwards to be nice in this economy.

1  Thank southgal
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Unfortunately, the management is more concerned with the "Bar" in the title rather that the "Grille". If you decide to come for dinner, be prepared to be treated like a second class citizen.
The restaurant has several big screen TVs throughout - it's a perfect place to watch a game, but it's no place to have dinner if you actually want to talk to the people you're dining with - it's extremely loud. They take the sound for all those big screen TVs and crank it as loud as it can go, regardless if it's full of people or only two or three tables are occupied.
Our experience started when we were seated in a room that was supposedly "rented out" to some college football fans. Renting a room at Fox & Hound Bar & Grille evidently means you don't have the room to yourself, but you get to commandeer the TVs and have them blaring your favorite game regardless who else may be there.
To our waittress' credit, she did turn it down a little from earth shattering crescendo to just very loud. The real kicker came after the college group had left, and there were only three tables left occupied in the room: our table of 5, a table with a family, and a table of 3 older couples. We asked the manager if we could turn it down some more - keep in mind, NO ONE, not one person, is watching the games in this room. He said sure, goes over to the volume control and PRETENDS to turn it down - blatant disregard of a simple, reasonable request. We asked our waittress again, if she would actually turn it down - she hemmed and haw, saying "this is a bar", to which I replied it's also a Grille with a 4-page menu, and right now noone is watching the game. She turned it down again, but 10 minutes later, the manager had it turned up again.
Before you think we're a bunch of old fogies, we're 40-somethings who can also be very loud when our favorite college teams are playing and we understood the previously group had "rented" the room, and were just having a good time - that's great, good for them, party on. It was the management's total lack of professionalism that left a bad taste in our mouths - ironic and sad when you consider that the food is actually pretty good.
End result, if you're going to watch a game - it's a decent place, they definitely cater to that, but I can't recommend it for dinner with friends and family. In fact, Louisville has several excellent sports bars, and the next time a big game is gone, I'll go to one of them because they value my business more than the Fox & Hound.

3  Thank Cobramom