“Pass on this one!”

WoodSpring Suites Louisville Southeast
Ranked #91 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This one needs a total overhaul. I stay at Value Place hotels when I take extended trips. This one is by far the worst I've stayed at. Where to start?
1. Internet took 2 tries to get passwords that would work.
2. Two burner stove top was broke, top dirty, and heating element was out of it's brackets.
3. Dial 500 for office? Would have, but the phone was broke! Excuse= "Oh, the guy that stayed here before you broke it." Well....fix it then!!!!!!
4. Plug in bathroom was broke. Try using shaver and curling iron in kitchen looking in bathroom mirror! Bathtub was stained and severely scratched. Shower only. AND...bring your own toilet paper! 1/4th roll on holder and office wouldn't replace with new roll.
5. Comforter was held together with safety pins.
6. Room lights didn't work properly. Either all or nothing.
7. Roomed smelled of soured beer.
8. Noisy neighbors and loud in hall until 11pm every night.
9. Washing machines were filthy and dryers took way go long to dry.

Wasn't in the least impressed with this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is by far the worst place I've ever stayed. Terrible, bare bones rooms with scratchy sheets, bugs, leaky faucets, and shower pressure that hardly works. It is clearly a places that takes advantage of illegal workers who need a place to stay (everything is in Spanish, credit cards aren't required, and they don't check ID). It is not an extended stay hotel- it is temporary living. Residents were loud and obnoxious, and we could not reach the staff to assist.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Page P
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just checked out on 05/19/13 after spending two weeks. Checked in Sunday on smoking room with very filthy carpet that smelled badly of beer. Move to a non-smoking on Monday. Door had a large gap, so every time a neighbor room door opened, my door will rattle noisily. People smoke at the door of stairs so the hall camera can't see them. On the second week I asked the front desk when they were going to clean the room. I was advised by a heavyset black woman that I will have to wait another two weeks. She told me that being in room for one day on my first week did not qualify me to have it cleaned on Tuesday the assigned cleaning day. When I told her that this was my second week, she told me that my even number room 226 was scheduled for the next week. Because the toilet bowl had a nasty pinkish ring, I asked if at least they could scrub the toilet, but she refused saying it would be clean the following week. They had me pay $100.00 for deposit.

Room Tip: Check room thoroughly. Avoid Value Place.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Israel L
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stay at value place now, and it is amazing! The staff is always kind to me, and they keep the place in great shape! Meagan was very welcoming when I first arrived there and the rest of the staff has been amazing along with her. I recommend this place to anyone who would like to stay for an extended period of time! And i also like that they have smoking rooms, but the floors that are smoking do not have an over powering smell of smoke. This is a great place!

Room Tip: If you want smoking fourth floor if you want non smoking first or second.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaclyn N
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We had reservations for 2 non-smoking rooms for over 5 months, even had a courtesy call from company verifying last week, and yet we arrive late and find one room is smoking, Since that was not acceptable to us and lobby and hallways reeked of smoke, we found ourselves scrambling for rooms elsewhere. No idea how a reservation confirmed can be suddenly gone without any notice, It's just as well as place is nothing but a smoker's dive and glad we didn't endanger our health with a 6-day stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

For the price of $199 a week, staying at this hotel is a good value. The halls are always clean, the rooms are in good order and clean. The beds could be better. The mattress is about 4 inches thick and some nights not as comfortable. The laundry facilities are a fair price. I like the friendliness of the staff and would recommend this hotel to my friends when they travel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tara S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is a very nice Value Place and is centrally located. The manager Karen and her staff are very friendly and always smiling. The property is very clean and the price of $199.00 per week is a great value. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for value as well as great customer service.

Room Tip: All rooms are studios with full kitchenettes.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business