“Great Bourbon Selection”
Review of Bourbon's Bistro

Bourbon's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 1,807 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Clifton
Cross street: Jane
Transit: TARC
Description: Located on Frankfort Avenue's restaurant row in the historic Clifton neighborhood, we offer more than 130 bourbons, as well as a selection of antique expression whiskies that you won't find anywhere else. Bourbons features upscale dining in an elegant but casual atmosphere and a bourbon-inspired seasonal menu graced southern inspired cuisine.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Being an outsider from Texas and looking for a place that provided an extensive list of bourbons and whiskey's for a business group, I found this place and felt the recommendations were adequate enough to give it a try.
From a bourbon selection standpoint... GREAT!!! Very extensive selection and was able to try some new items not previously tasted.
The ambiance was pretty decent and interesting and everyone thought it was cool that there was an actual railroad right behind the establishment. Train was not disruptive in the least but everyone felt it added to the experience.
Everyone enjoyed the appetizers but the sea scallops were a bit overdone for my taste. Goat cheese was excellent.
Entrees were good but would not rate them as excellent. Bass was good and those that had the salmon felt it was a good dish. One in party felt fillet was not done properly per their request but taste was good.
Bottom-line, cool atmosphere and bourbon menu delivers well with something for everyone's taste.
Would recommend checking this place out.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A little worried about the route, but once we arrived it was fine. Shannon took care of us, great server and very knowledgable about the menu, wine and bourbon. There are dozens of hard to find Bourbons on the list, a nice 2oz pour and very reasonable prices.

The Bibb salad was very good, fresh with apples, bacon and almonds. I had the pork chop and it was very good. The greens served with it were outstanding! Pork was a little overlooked for my taste, but I prepare it a little pink. My wife had the duck and it was perfect.

Deserts are very creative and a nice finish to a great meal.

Worth the trip!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been here twice and love the selections of bourbons offered. The bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable about his products. The appetizers and dinners are excellent too. I visited on a Sunday night when it wasn't as crowded and it was great sitting at the bar having dinner and not having to yell or be interrupted by people. I have also been here on a busy Saturday and still was able to get seating no problem quickly. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is really nice. My only complaint would be parking outside as it's a bit congested with all of the other restaurants in the area, but it's the city and expected.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were in the 4th Street Live area having a Seelbach cocktail at the historic Seelbach Hotel bar when a patron we were talking to recommended we eat at Bourbon's Bistro. It was 2/24/13 & that area was pretty quiet compared to the last time we were there on our fall road trip. So we decided to check out the Frankfort Avenue neighborhood area about 3 miles away. Looks like a happening area, so we opted to check out the Bistro. It was fairly busy for a Sunday night. They had a 3 piece band (stand up bass, drums & xylophone) playing. Very interesting. We had a pleasant, helpful waitress. I tried their maple bacon bourbon old fashion - very tasty. I had the pork belly carbonara as I've never had anything like that before. It was fantastic. That night's special salad had shaved beets, white asparagus, some nuts & arugula and was also fantastic. My husband had their Bourbon's Burger & it was up there as one of the best burgers & fries he's ever had. The waitress told us the fries have truffle oil on them. We would highly recommend this place to others and hope to get back there our next time through Louisville.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let's get right down to the reason to visit this place...Ice cream with bourbon brittle & bacon. A weird gastro combination, but incredible dessert. Mama will not have to coax you to eat all your dinner to get dessert. She'll be slapping you for licking the plate! 5 out of 6 of us thoroughly enjoyed the feature fish dinner, with 1 raving over the perfectly cooked steak. We were not rushed through appetizers; delectable morels of fried chicken livers were the favorite, compared to the NOT "Spicy Fried Oysters, disappointing. Roasted Garlic & Goat Cheese & an extra serving of flat bread held us through tasty bourbon cocktails. Dinner portion size wasperfect for me, but the gobbler in our group scarfed his fish in a couple of bites. He needs a BigMac filler no matter where we go!
Overall the atmosphere was quaint & cozy, great service from the front door greeting to our exit, clean bathroom and I would recommend this place as a bourbon experience for all. Making the Saturday night reservation was definitely a necessity.