“Disapointing”

Belle of Louisville Riverboats
More attraction details
Owner description: The Belle of Louisville is the oldest operating Mississippi River style steamboat in the world. She and her sister vessel, the Mary M. Miller riverboat offer river cruises perfect for all ages. We offer cruises nearly year-round, and have special events throughout the season. The Mary M. Miller replaced the Spirit of Jefferson in July of 2017. She is named after the First Female Steamboat Captain. The Mary M Miller is not a steamboat but she does have a paddlewheel. She is climate controlled and has 2 indoor decks and a top deck under cover but open air.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We passed the Belle on a previous trip to Louisville. I heard the whistles blowing a great tune. Then the paddle steamer looked wonderful, it looked like it would be a great trip.I was very excited to share this with my wife on our special trip to Louisville, (this was one of the main reasons we chose Louisville for our trip), We arrived early got our tickets which we was told were not refundable. then found out we were on the Grunt Boat the Jefferson. NO PADDLE, NO WHISTLE,( JUST A FOG HORN), DIRTY BATHROOMS, (WHICH ARE BY THE KITCHEN AREA), NO ATMOSPHERE, AND A WONDERFUL FRESH SMELL OF DIESEL.
The OLD DJ was talking about stuff you were seeing off the boat. you could not make out anything he was saying. When we arrived back at the dock, the office was conveniently closed. I guess to improve the whole experience and to receive the many comments i am sure they would have received.
I am sure the Belle would be great but WHO KNOWS!!!

YOU GET 2 STARS NOT 1, ONLY BECAUSE WE MADE IT BACK TO THE DOCK WITHOUT SINKING!!

2  Thank Michael T
BelleOfLouisville, Manager at Belle of Louisville Riverboats, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the vessel you were riding, the Belle of Louisville does not open until Memorial Day. We would like to work this out with you if you will call our main number and ask to speak to Linda. (502) 574-2992.

Thank you.

"two hours"
in 10 reviews
"both sides"

Reviewed May 2, 2013

It was fun being on a paddle boat. It was cooler being on the boat and open water, but it was expected. The concession stand was adequate for snacks, but if you want a meal go on the lunch/dinner tour. Had fun with the kids (2&5). The bathrooms were small & no changing table (we roughed it). The scenery was nice & the narration was decent.

3  Thank Tina L
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was excited to be on a riverboat. It def was chilly, but forewarned before booking it. I didn't read any reviews.

I feel it's overpriced for the food they serve in buffet. I paid $42 & wish I had just did sightseeing tour & ate before. It was plenty of food, but not high quality.

The DJ was great!

1  Thank nannie33
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The food was very good and there was plenty of it. (Ham, fried chicken, fish, and lots of sides.) I really liked the signature drink, Golden Antlers, and the Bloody Mary was good too. We thought the drink prices were good. The 3 of us had 2 each, totaling $34 and they do not accept tips. :) There wasn't a lot to see along the cruise in terms of architecture- one or two interesting buildings and an impressive flood line. The sunset was great, though. I felt it was very worth it on the return (we took the dinner cruise) especially because the city was all lit up and made for very pretty pictures of the skyline. I also liked that there was enough room to get in and out of the seats and that tables were randomly reserved, but I did get a window table so I may have been happier than others with this arrangement. I wish the DJ would have let the music play instead of interrupting songs to tell jokes. They were funny though. Another option would have been to tell the history of the city more since there weren't many buildings to comment on. I was surprised to see lots of people dancing to the modern pop music. I would suggest some period songs and also another bartender for the beginning because the line for drinks took much longer than the buffet and those ladies were working hard. I also was surprised to find out I was going to be on the Jefferson instead of the Belle. I did go back and read on the site that the Belle doesn't run until May, but it wasn't obvious. I was very excited to win a mug in the raffle, but again it had a picture of the Belle on it and I didn't get to ride that. So I guess more Spirit of Jefferson souvenirs would be good too. Overall, a relaxing, pretty way to end a long day of walking. I would go again, but ride the grander Belle next time.

1  Thank Samantha M