“Specialty Drink truly special”
Review of The Joy Luck

The Joy Luck
Ranked #115 of 1,785 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Taiwanese, Bar
Description: We feature authentic Taiwanese cuisine, paired with craft cocktails.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Specialty Drink truly special”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Hot and Spicy cocktail was all it promised to be. Had to order it because the description was like no other drink we have come across so far. Spicy it was. Wouldn't want to gulp these down; but paired with dumplings the combo was fantastic.

Servers were fantastic and interactive. Kitchen closed but they scrambled up a few more appetizer orders for us anyway.

• Visited May 2014

Flint, mi
“Xiaolongbao Cravers will be disappointed... Chinese Fusion Lovers will find Joy”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I ordered the Soupy Pork dumplings (4 for $7.). I was hoping for a good xiaolongbao with lots of yummy, juicy taste. What I got were not very juicy or tasty. The dipping sauce is unique and good.

The entrees are excellent.

I ordered the Walnut shrimp. It was excellent.

My wife ordered the boneless duck and vegetables. The very best! If I come here again, this is what I'd order.

My mom ordered the Kentuckyana Chicken served on a sizzling plate. It was very good. The sizzling plate is a great spectacle with the sizzle sound and wonderful smell (like you get with fajitas or OPA Saganaki).

The restaurant interior is cozy and inviting. I like the wall decor with all of the quotes written in chalk.

Parking can be difficult in this area. There is a public parking lot about 4 lots away toward downtown.

On a rainy Tuesday evening, we didn't have to wait to be seated.

The bill between the three of us was $67. Pricey! I'd recommend coming at lunchtime for the $10 deals.

I recommend you visit unless you are craving good soupy dumplings or Xiaolongbao (XLB). Those will be an expensive disappointment.

• Visited April 2014
Cudjoe Key, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

the only great Chinese food in Louisville. so fresh & delicious. the atmosphere is also extremely cute (bungalow) - great for a date or girls night. drinks from the bar were awesome too. I'd recommend the Mongolian beef & specialty margarita!

1 Thank 1Foodee