“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Wilmington, NC
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our 2 bedroom suite was very spacious, tastefully decorated, and clean. Unlike so many other hotels, the breakfast area is big enough to accommodate a crowd--no eating on your lap back in the room! Breakfast featured hot items and a waffle maker, so there was something for everyone. The outdoor pool was heated. The location was quiet, but within driving distance of tons of restaurants. We would definitely stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I travel for a living so i decided to stay at the homewood suites east for 2 weeks. Remind you i am a Gold member of the Hilton brand. I arrived later than originally scheduled due to a delay flight. To my surprise, i was mark as a no-call no show and that the auditing was done that night. I said, that's fine. A few days later i noticed i was billed twice on separate days, which no one can see or tell me the reason why. At this point i have 5 transactions on my account that nobody can explain to me why. The only answer i get is that the night-shift person is responsible and i need to talk to her. I tried to speak to her prior, but i received a "hurry up stance" due to customers trying to check in. I felt like i was push off and my concerns was not something worth looking into. I originally booked another stay from 08/04-08/16, but i will be cancelling my reservation and going to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jason B
maryland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel seems new and rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was okay, but for a hotel this size GET ANOTHER FRONT DESK CLERK!!!! We arrived to a rather noisy meeting in the lobby, where normally guests can relax after arrival. Not here. I feel bad for the one desk clerk they had running ragged trying to check people in and deal with the phone. Having worked years in hospitality with a degree in hotel management, I can easily say this is NOT the way to run a hotel.

For rooms, we had "studio suites"....something I've not really seen in Homewood before and hope not to again. Tiny in comparison to regular rooms, but no real difference in price. Room coffee is awful. Lobby coffee is disgusting...robust is like water and regular is overpoweringly bitter. I ran a coffee shop and can grade coffee well enough....this coffee is a complete and utter failure, and along with a sub-par breakfast that was an hour late, I would not return here again. Fruit was not very fresh, biscuits were overdone, and I would more expect biscuits and gravy at a Hampton Inn, not Homewood. The pool is outdoors and a bit chilly, with the hot tub being moderately hot. Okay...tolerable, but I've seen better. Wi-Fi is okay. Lastly, I can hear sinks running through the walls at all hours and people walking upstairs. Seems poorly constructed. Also, very inconvenient to find the place. A very ho-hum experience.

2 Thank jfwilder
Mt. Juliet, TN
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is a regular stop for us when visiting my wife's family in Louisville. It's always clean and the location is very convenient to quality restaurants and shopping. On this trip our plans changed and we arrived earlier than expected. Even though the hotel was full the night before, the manager on duty (Karen, I think) went out of her way to arrange for an early check-in. That's the kind of service that creates loyal customers like us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Villa, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and two boys went on a vacation with my mother to the Smoky Mountains. We chose to stay overnight here as our midpoint stop on the way. We chose a two-bedroom suite. The suite was excellent and was exactly what we needed. We stayed in one bedroom with two queen beds and my mother stayed in the king bedroom. The bedrooms were on opposite sides of the suite separated by the living room/kitchenette area. Each bedroom had its own bath and door to close. It afforded everyone sleeping privacy at night without the "separated" feeling of two adjoining rooms. The beds were very comfortable and bathrooms were well appointed with good showers. The hot breakfast in the morning was plentiful and tasty. Having the big breakfast allowed us to finish the trip without taking the time to stop for a lunch. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely make this a stopping point on future trips through the Louisville area.

Room Tip: Look for advance purchase deals. Our double-room suite cost was comparable to or less than normal r...
Champaign, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The rooms are spacious and the kitchenette is a great feature for those that travel extensively and hate to eat out for every meal. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Even using a GPS the hotel was difficult to find. The living room area is smaller than other Homewood Suites that I have stayed in. For a stay for larger families or for a couple of couples wanting to have a place to talk, the suites are good and allow each couple to have the needed privacy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends