“Too loud, cold and mediocre food”
Review of Wild Rita's

Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Rita's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 1,801 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Wild Rita's is Louisville's only Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar! Open for lunch Monday - Friday and dinner seven days a week!
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stopped in to this place for a second visit on a weekend night, they are open later than most downtown. Though seated quickly it took way too long for our server to get to us. a second server came by to check on us which was nice. apparently management takes their job seriously. our server was tardy at best the rest of the meal/visit. our drinks were pretty good but priced a little high. tacos were bland.
the place is very loud and would benefit from sound dampening surfaces. the ac was cranked to the max. atmosphere was not inviting due to the loudness and temperature.
all in all, won't be back.

Lauren H, Public Relations Manager at Wild Rita's, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hi Jim,

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor experience at our restaurant. We never want a guest to leave our restaurant disappointed and clearly we fell short with you.

I'd like to send you a gift card so that you can come back in and give us another try. I hope this will be a step in the right direction to make it up to you. Our customers are incredibly important to us and I want you to know that we value your business.

I'll need you to email me your mailing address. You can send this info to me at: Lauren@WildRitas.com.

I sincerely hope you will give Wild Ritas another try!

Wild Ritas

There are newer reviews for Wild Rita's

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I haven't eaten at Wild Ritas; we selected this "new to the area" restaurant for the Tequila Bar to have drinks before dinner. On a Friday night ( 7 ish), the place was extremely busy but we managed to find seats at the bar where we were greeted and served right away. The drinks feature spices and herbs and at first looks odd and not too appetizing. We were pleasantly surprised when our drinks were a "Good Different". Everyone loved their drinks and the atmosphere looked like something off of a TV show! Very nice, colorful and upbeat! I haven't had the food yet, but I highly recommend for drinks!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Our waiter acted like he wanted to be somewhere else. Delivered our drinks and gave them all to the wrong people and rolled his eyes when we pointed that out. Food was either overcooked or undercooked. My short rib taco was so dry and lacked any flavor at all. Taco portions were small. Would be a great place for happy hour deals. Very disappointed. Loved the decor. No female waiters. thought that was interesting.

1  Thank debbiecheckers

Hi Debbie,

I am so disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at Wild Rita's. Our server's behavior is unacceptable and we have addressed this with our staff. We do have several female staff members - both servers and bartenders.

I'd love it if you would be willing to give us another try. Please email me your mailing address so that I can send you a gift card so you can dine on us. My email is Lauren@WildRitas.com.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I will start by saying I love Wild Eggs (Same owners). I have been to three of the Louisville locations, and the food and service has been consistently good. I tried Wild Rita's on a Sunday evening. It is a great location and well decorated to give a fun "modern Mexican" vibe. I was expecting a similar experience to a meal at Wild Egg's, unfortunately I was very disappointed. I came with three other family members we walked right in. The hostess and waiter were very nice and attentive. We ordered the 3 salsas and white queso. The chips were covered in salt and almost inedible. The cheese dip wasn't memorable. None of the salsas we tried were very good and the containers were too small to dip a chip.
We then ordered the Adobo pork shoulder (which the waiter recommended), Fish tacos, Salmon salad, and a beef tamale. The pork was tough large chunks of salty pork, Fish tacos were ok but not memorable, the tamale was mostly cornmeal with very little beef, the Salmon salad was over dressed and rare. The cost of the meal was around $100 including four beers. Maybe we ordered wrong? Hopefully it was just a bad night in the kitchen because I don't get it.

1  Thank KentuckyTriptaker99

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. As you mentioned, we do have very high standards at Wild Eggs and have worked hard to instill the same points of service and detail at Wild Rita;s. I am sorry that we fell so short with you.

Would you be willing to give us another try? I want to show you just how wonderful our dishes really are. Please email me at Lauren@WildRitas.com with your mailing address. I'd like to invite you back in to dine on us. Our restaurant guests are incredibly important to us!

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

The food was great. A little expensive if you try to compare it to typical Mexican restaurants, but I guess since they're "Modern Mexican", that's their excuse. The food is great. If you like extremely spicy stuff, try the Pinche Caliente salsa and expect your sinuses to clear up immediately.

The only problem is the noise volume inside the restaurant. I'm not typically sensitive to that type of thing, but if you come on a weekend, don't expect to have a conversation with anyone at your table unless you like to yell. They really need to put some sound-dampening material on the ceiling or floor or something.