“Would you pay $90 to have TOILET WATER drip on your head?”

Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Ranked #21 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I selected this hotel because it was the best rated hotel in Louisville with rooms under $100. I guess next time I'll try the next best rated one. Here's my story:

We were going to be driving from Cleveland, OH to Bowling Green, KY after work on Friday. A 7.5 hour drive, so we thought we'd probably stop in Louisville for the night. I researched hotels and found this one which got very good reviews, and I saw we could get a room for $76. Sounds great! I didn't make reservations online though since we weren't 100% sure we'd be stopping.

About an hour from Louisville I called to reserve a room for the night. They said it would be $90. I told them it said $76 on their web site, and asked if this was for a different type of room or something. They said "No", but they could give me the AAA rate for $80. Sounds great to me.

We got there a little after midnight. Service was great. It took about 2 minutes to check in. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. It was looking like I made a great choice.

Then in the middle of the night we start hearing this tap tap tap coming from the bathroom. Not sure what it is, so we just keep sleeping. Well, we discover in the morning that the vent directly above the toilet is dripping water. It drips directly onto the toilet seat when the seat is down. So the toilet is completely wet. I had to sit down on the toilet and hold a towel over my head while water (from a toilet? or a shower?) drips onto it.

When checking out I told them about the problem and they said they thought they had fixed it the other day. So they knew about the problem! I kindly and calmly mentioned that I thought they should at least take some money off of what they were charging us since the bathroom was almost un-usable. She went and asked the manager. She came back and said the manager said no since they already gave us a $10 discount. How convenient for them. I'm guessing this is what they had planned all along: give us a discount but also give us the crappy room.

Well I said, "whatever you think is fair, but I will be putting a review online." She said 'oh well, sorry.' So here's your review. I hope you still think it was a good business decision.

Only stay here if you want TOILET WATER dripping on your head.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank USBlues19

Reviewed December 10, 2008

I used this hotel for my Christmas Mystery trip. The hotel was very clean and the staff was the BEST!!!! The rooms were spacious and Clean. The breakfast area and staff were great for my guests. Staying at the Wingate Hotel in Louisville Ky was like
staying in a home. It felt that good!!!!!
Thanks to the ENTIRE stafff!!!

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed October 28, 2008

This was a very nice hotel and the least expensive of the many nearby. We were driving from Lexington to Louisville and needed a place to stay for a night. We were shocked by the prices of many of the hotels in this area. We refused to pay over $100 and were about to give up when we came upon the Wingate for $82/night (AAA). It was a very pretty hotel, king bed, very clean and roomy. The breakfast included the next morning had a pretty good selection too. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2008

The hotel was note well signposted off the Interstate but we did spot it. When you find your way to it you realise you are in one of the last hotels on the complex in a real wind trap but dont let that put you off. When we arrived we were impressed with it as it was one of our cheaper hotels on this trip but it was very well laid out. The room was more like what some big name hotels call a junior suite with all the amenities that you could ask for. The hotel had a wonderful pool with whirlpool, an very well appointed gym and guest laundry. The bed was comfortable and the rooms temprature was very controlable. All in all for the cost it was worth every penny. This is an ideal place for a stop over.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2008

My wife appreciates cleanliness, and boy did she LOVE this hotel. Everything about this place was so clean I thought it was brand new, but the desk clerk told me it was two years old. Our room was spacious, and the bed mattress was very comfortable. They have a free breakfast buffet from 6 to 9:30am with a good selection, including a waffle maker. I loved their biscuits and gravy. An outdoor patio is next to the breakfast room, so you can dine outside and enjoy the nice weather, or to just escape the air-conditioning which always is too cold for us. There is a business center with a computer and printer next to the front desk that is open 24-hours. Easy access to I-64. And for a nearby diversion, visit the charming town of Middletown. Take Blankenbaker Parkway north across I-64 and turn right onto Main Street just past the shopping center on the right, and just before you get to Shelbyville Road (US 60).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We stayed at this hotel while we were visiting Louisville Slugger Factory/Museum and Churchill Downs. The hotel was about 11 miles from our attractions but it was very easy to get to/ from each day. The hotel was very new, very clean and very comfortable accomodations. The buffet breakfast was great and the service was wonderful. The staff even called our room to make sure everything was OK after our arrival. It is in a very safe area with other new chain hotels located near the property. One night we ate at a Ruby Tuesday that was right across the street. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a new hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2008

My wife and I booked this hotel at a very good price, we were not disappointed. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The exercise room is filled with nice equipment, the pool is a bit small but we were the only ones in it so it didn't bother us.

The room was good, and very clean. There were some minor annoyances, the smoke detector light continually blinks which didn't really bother my wife but bothered me. There was no nightstand on one side of the king size bed.

The only really bad part about the stay was the shower. It was so difficult to get to the right temperature, and the temp fluctuated up and down once you had it set. At one point I had to jump out because it suddenly went from tepid to near scalding. This happened all times we used the shower, not just in the morning. Its just a poorly designed faucet or something. The shower will keep us from staying in this hotel again. A pity really, since the rest of the hotel was really nice.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business