“Very Nice Hotel.”

Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Ranked #21 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 28, 2008

This was a very nice hotel and the least expensive of the many nearby. We were driving from Lexington to Louisville and needed a place to stay for a night. We were shocked by the prices of many of the hotels in this area. We refused to pay over $100 and were about to give up when we came upon the Wingate for $82/night (AAA). It was a very pretty hotel, king bed, very clean and roomy. The breakfast included the next morning had a pretty good selection too. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2008

The hotel was note well signposted off the Interstate but we did spot it. When you find your way to it you realise you are in one of the last hotels on the complex in a real wind trap but dont let that put you off. When we arrived we were impressed with it as it was one of our cheaper hotels on this trip but it was very well laid out. The room was more like what some big name hotels call a junior suite with all the amenities that you could ask for. The hotel had a wonderful pool with whirlpool, an very well appointed gym and guest laundry. The bed was comfortable and the rooms temprature was very controlable. All in all for the cost it was worth every penny. This is an ideal place for a stop over.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2008

My wife appreciates cleanliness, and boy did she LOVE this hotel. Everything about this place was so clean I thought it was brand new, but the desk clerk told me it was two years old. Our room was spacious, and the bed mattress was very comfortable. They have a free breakfast buffet from 6 to 9:30am with a good selection, including a waffle maker. I loved their biscuits and gravy. An outdoor patio is next to the breakfast room, so you can dine outside and enjoy the nice weather, or to just escape the air-conditioning which always is too cold for us. There is a business center with a computer and printer next to the front desk that is open 24-hours. Easy access to I-64. And for a nearby diversion, visit the charming town of Middletown. Take Blankenbaker Parkway north across I-64 and turn right onto Main Street just past the shopping center on the right, and just before you get to Shelbyville Road (US 60).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We stayed at this hotel while we were visiting Louisville Slugger Factory/Museum and Churchill Downs. The hotel was about 11 miles from our attractions but it was very easy to get to/ from each day. The hotel was very new, very clean and very comfortable accomodations. The buffet breakfast was great and the service was wonderful. The staff even called our room to make sure everything was OK after our arrival. It is in a very safe area with other new chain hotels located near the property. One night we ate at a Ruby Tuesday that was right across the street. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a new hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2008

My wife and I booked this hotel at a very good price, we were not disappointed. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The exercise room is filled with nice equipment, the pool is a bit small but we were the only ones in it so it didn't bother us.

The room was good, and very clean. There were some minor annoyances, the smoke detector light continually blinks which didn't really bother my wife but bothered me. There was no nightstand on one side of the king size bed.

The only really bad part about the stay was the shower. It was so difficult to get to the right temperature, and the temp fluctuated up and down once you had it set. At one point I had to jump out because it suddenly went from tepid to near scalding. This happened all times we used the shower, not just in the morning. Its just a poorly designed faucet or something. The shower will keep us from staying in this hotel again. A pity really, since the rest of the hotel was really nice.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank aggrazel
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Stayed here monday after Thanksgiving. The reviews were right on! The hotel is very very clean. Large rooms.The beds were comfortable. The easy chair was great to watch TV..many many cable stations to choose from. Nutragina bath products. even the shower curtain was draped in a nice 'display'. breakfast was ok...nothing to write home about but a bit better than most. There was a microwave and little fridge in our room too.Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank april61997
Reviewed November 26, 2007

The hotel is located in a rather quiet part of town. It’s also just off the expressway and surrounded by several restaurants and shops if you’re looking for that kind of thing. The exterior of the hotel was nicely kept, very professional. Once inside, the lobby maintained the professional look. I worried that since my room was near the elevators and vending machines that I would hear commotion all night long. I was pleasantly surprised that once inside the room, the rest of the outside world was quietly tucked behind the closed door. The room was quite spacious. There was a comfy reading chair in the corner, not to mention a small, but nice selection of local magazines. I had a decent sized mini-fridge for my dinner leftovers. There was the typical work desk available. The television was a flat screen with a nice selection of pay-per-view movies. The room also featured ample lighting. I have to mention slight irritation that there was only one nightstand, which left me no place to set things on my side of the bed. The bed itself was quite comfortable, and I had no problem getting a good night’s sleep. The bathroom was nicely sized and came stocked with the regular essentials – lotion, shampoo, conditioner. The shower featured a fabulous showerhead with multiple water flow options. There was no fan in the bathroom, but the moisture quickly dissipated, and I was able to continue my morning routine in the bathroom mirror without much delay. The towels were the typical mid-ranged hotel grade – white and clean, but not exactly soft. The bonus was that there were a lot of towels available. So in spite of the fact we’d taken a shower the night before, I still had plenty of towels and washcloths for the morning. The breakfast that was available was much better than I was expecting. It came with an array of yummy selections: biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, cereal, muffins, bagels, danishes, fresh fruits, and more… not to mention the wide variety of beverages from fruit juices to various coffees and teas. I also enjoyed the complimentary USA Today newspaper that was waiting for me when I opened the door in the morning. I was able to take my coffee in a to-go cup, which is always a plus for a busy morning. As usual, I was in too big of a hurry to enjoy the pool or fitness room. But both looked clean and inviting. When you can get a good deal on the room – this place is definitely worth the money. I hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple