“Good hotel, good sleep, bad shower.”

Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Ranked #19 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good hotel, good sleep, bad shower.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2008

My wife and I booked this hotel at a very good price, we were not disappointed. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The exercise room is filled with nice equipment, the pool is a bit small but we were the only ones in it so it didn't bother us.

The room was good, and very clean. There were some minor annoyances, the smoke detector light continually blinks which didn't really bother my wife but bothered me. There was no nightstand on one side of the king size bed.

The only really bad part about the stay was the shower. It was so difficult to get to the right temperature, and the temp fluctuated up and down once you had it set. At one point I had to jump out because it suddenly went from tepid to near scalding. This happened all times we used the shower, not just in the morning. Its just a poorly designed faucet or something. The shower will keep us from staying in this hotel again. A pity really, since the rest of the hotel was really nice.

• Liked — Clean, Wonderful Property
  • Disliked — The horrid shower.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank aggrazel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
island bound
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2007

Stayed here monday after Thanksgiving. The reviews were right on! The hotel is very very clean. Large rooms.The beds were comfortable. The easy chair was great to watch TV..many many cable stations to choose from. Nutragina bath products. even the shower curtain was draped in a nice 'display'. breakfast was ok...nothing to write home about but a bit better than most. There was a microwave and little fridge in our room too.Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed November 2007
4 Thank april61997
Louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

The hotel is located in a rather quiet part of town. It’s also just off the expressway and surrounded by several restaurants and shops if you’re looking for that kind of thing. The exterior of the hotel was nicely kept, very professional. Once inside, the lobby maintained the professional look. I worried that since my room was near the elevators and vending machines that I would hear commotion all night long. I was pleasantly surprised that once inside the room, the rest of the outside world was quietly tucked behind the closed door. The room was quite spacious. There was a comfy reading chair in the corner, not to mention a small, but nice selection of local magazines. I had a decent sized mini-fridge for my dinner leftovers. There was the typical work desk available. The television was a flat screen with a nice selection of pay-per-view movies. The room also featured ample lighting. I have to mention slight irritation that there was only one nightstand, which left me no place to set things on my side of the bed. The bed itself was quite comfortable, and I had no problem getting a good night’s sleep. The bathroom was nicely sized and came stocked with the regular essentials – lotion, shampoo, conditioner. The shower featured a fabulous showerhead with multiple water flow options. There was no fan in the bathroom, but the moisture quickly dissipated, and I was able to continue my morning routine in the bathroom mirror without much delay. The towels were the typical mid-ranged hotel grade – white and clean, but not exactly soft. The bonus was that there were a lot of towels available. So in spite of the fact we’d taken a shower the night before, I still had plenty of towels and washcloths for the morning. The breakfast that was available was much better than I was expecting. It came with an array of yummy selections: biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, cereal, muffins, bagels, danishes, fresh fruits, and more… not to mention the wide variety of beverages from fruit juices to various coffees and teas. I also enjoyed the complimentary USA Today newspaper that was waiting for me when I opened the door in the morning. I was able to take my coffee in a to-go cup, which is always a plus for a busy morning. As usual, I was in too big of a hurry to enjoy the pool or fitness room. But both looked clean and inviting. When you can get a good deal on the room – this place is definitely worth the money. I hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Louisville_Lady
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2007

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times and have yet to be disappointed. All 3 of the rooms I've had were "oversized", and well appointed...the Presidential Suite will blow you away! The pool is a little small, but indoor and cozy, which is nice in the winter. Breakfast was decent. The business office has 2 or 3 pc's for guest use, as well as a printer to print your airline tickets. There is a little pantry for sundry goods. Plenty of late-night restaurants and fastfood places nearby. Marble and granite throughout, as well as berber carpet which I didn't feel paranoid to walk on without my socks on like most hotels. I hope they keep this hotel up, I'd like to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2007
3 Thank ProfessionalTraveler
kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2007

We made a reservation for this hotel after reading on trip adivsor that it was ranked #5 out of 99 for the Louisville Kentucky area.
We stayed there Sept 21-23. The first room we were given had large visible stains in several places on the carpet. We were given a different room. We had a smoking room, but the window wouldn't open and there wasn't even an exhaust fan in the bathroom. The hot tub had been drained and a note attached that they hoped to have it fixed by Saturday afternoon. It still wasn't working when we checked out. I left a comment card with the front desk with no response. I mailed a letter to corporate on October 4 also with no response.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jhet11
Springfield,mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

Arrived with a senior church group. As soon as we arrived we were greated as if we had been there many times. The front desk staff made us feel at home. We got to our room and had trouble with the air condition. We called the front desk and they were there within 5 minutes. The man showed me how to adjust the thermostat it was one of those electronic things and I couldn't figure it out. He left and came back with a new thermostat that was much easier to operate. The next morning the breakfast was great, scrambled eggs and waffles. We went to the Derby museum and when we returned we asked if we could play dominoes in the lobby. They even helped move the tables.
On Sunday before checkout they allowed us to have a small prayer service in their meeting room. This is were we will stay next year when we return for the races at churchill downs.

• Liked — Friendly people
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank Elmer007
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

This was our first experience with Wingate Inn (staying two nights) and we were disappointed. I booked a smoking room ( a mistake on my part) and when we checked in we were asked, if we wanted a smoking room? I said no and the front desk clerk told me, he saw what I did and it was because it was the cheapest room. He did give us a non-smoking room (for the six dollars more). I said the room was booked on their web site and I guess I did not read it closely enough. (not exactly a warm welcome and I thought this could have been handled better) The room we were given had the air conditioner unit right next to the bed. The entire night the air from the unit blew in your face. (not a good night) As much as we dreaded moving, we called down the next morning and changed rooms. This time the air conditioner was at the foot of the bed, so a better night sleep.
Sarah at the front desk was always helpful and went the extra mile. The nicest part of the experience was her kindness and it was greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sarah.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business