“Pleasant stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Ranked #22 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I took a trip to Nashville and decided to spend a day in Louisville, We chose the Windham because of location, rate, free breakfast and free parking. We were extremely happy we did.The hotel is in a quiet, safe part of Louisville and only a short drive to downtown. The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast offered a variety of fruits, cereals, breads, eggs and meats. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: choose the king suite
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ilovebay

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night and thought the hotel was very clean and we had no problems. The bed was quite comfortable. Breakfast area is laid out nicely and was your typical motel breakfast. We will stay there again if in the Louisville area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

When picking hotels to stay at during tournaments I always look to a Wyndham hotel to stay at. This hotel is no exception. I was kindly greeted by the clerk who made my check in smooth and easy. Went I got to my room I found everything I needed and it was very clean. Later that night I called down to the night clerk for a wake up call and to get directions. She was very kind and helpful, she also informed me of a complimentary breakfast that seemed to have a very nice spread.
During the night I noticed a disturbance in the hallway. When I stepped out to see what was happening I noticed a group yelling at the night clerk. I believe pretty girl2's story seems to be a bit out of line. I found every employee in the hotel including desk staff to be extremely nice. I would definately stay again for any tournament needs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Brandon M
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I consider Wingate as the best hotel to stay in Louisville. The hotel has set very high standards in service, quality, cleanliness and room service.The hotel is new and has best service. I have never seen such a clean property in many years. The service was so great. The rooms are so clean and spacious. It has the best complimentary breakfast without any doubt. The hotel has the best pool and my family spent really a good time. Don't hesitate to make a reservation. It's the best hotel to stay in Louisville.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Tom G
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had neglected to make reservations ahead of time and found that all other hotels in the area were booked solid. Was very glad to get a nice room at the Wingate. Staff was very pleasant and the room was nicely appointed. Unfortunately, there was a previous guest's styrofoam container of take out food in the frig, and it smelled so strongly that it was best left in there. Also, when I turned on the hair dryer the next morning, it made a terrible grinding, clunking sound and died. I was left with wet hair covered in styling product. At the breakfast buffet, the thermos/container for hot water was placed on top of the microwave, so I had to reach up to draw hot water. This could have been disastrous for a shorter person or a child making oatmeal or cocoa. Despite all this, the Wingate was a decent place to stay. Should I travel this route again, I'll check the frig and the hair dryer before I unpack.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The first thing I noticed about the Wingate was location - on a hill far in the back of a hotel cluster. After driving six hours, it almost looked like a castle which towered over everything else. Our room was refreshingly clean and neat (my favorite thing about Wingates is spaciousness). The only negative thing is that the shampoo provided in the bathroom was half gone... but we brought our own so it didn't really matter. Other than that, it was a perfect stay.

On a side note - if you're hungry and looking for delivery, don't bother with the two Jimmy John's shops within a couple miles of the Wingate... both refused to deliver (one said they don't deliver to hotels and the other said it was out of range).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a good hotel with spacious rooms, nice and clean. Good bathroom. Very nice breakfast. Close to restaurants and shops etc. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple