“Average Stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Ranked #21 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My family and I stayed in this hotel in September 2011 for a weekend trip. The hotel was clean and modern. I selected this hotel based on the previous reviews. I also chose this hotel because it has an indoor pool. The pool water was very cold, at only 80 degrees. This is not a suitable indoor temperature. Also, we did not receive room cleaning service on our second day. I had to remake the beds myself. The walls were very thin, since we could clearly hear the group of girls in the room next to us talking all night. The hot breakfast was average at best. The eggs did not taste like eggs and had a real buttery flavor to them. This hotel served our needs, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had a couple of minor issues at this hotel but the management took very good care of us in order to make us very happy! We were treated like "GOLD" and we really enjoyed our stay. It was one of the highlights of our vacation! I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I'm ever in the Louisville area again! The staff were vere accommodating to our needs especially with a 2 yr old and a 8 month old baby. Even the owner of the hotel was very kind in asking us if we needed help when we were packing our car to leave. It was very nice stay!

Room Tip: A great hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed in a small suite in this hotel for two days, and it was immaculate! Staff was very nice - particularly Hannah at the front desk. We will use this property again for business.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ClarkandEvenlyn
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have the pleasure of staying at this hotel in June 2011. Not only was a facility spotless but the staff was very courteous and helpful. I will definitely make this my place to stay anytime I am back in the area.

Room Tip: Very very clean! Spotless!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I loved this hotel. Very roomy especially the lobby area and breakfast sitting.
Room was very comfortable and large with couch and k size bed. We did rearrange some furniture during our stay to enable 2 internet users at once.
I wish Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn would take a hint and enlarge their basic rooms. Only negative was the spa is still NOT working. Location was great.
Nears Sams Club and major restaurants and highways.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We had a group of Shrine Clowns stay here for 4 nights and we could have been treated any better anywhere. The room's were spotless and the breatfast was good. The front desk and Mgt were great. We will be back .Thanks for putting up we a bunch of clowns from Nashville Tn

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nobuns
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Our immediate and extended family stayed at this property over the last few days for a family wedding and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms were very nice, and the breakfast was good quality. We stayed three nights and were well pleased.
There are only a couple of minor issues that even make the radar. The front desk staff was okay but lacked personality and were not very sociable. The elevators shut awfully fast and that resulted in a couple of bumped ankles and hips. The largest issue was the fact that this reservation was set up many months ago with the rooms all being together. We were there to share family time around the wedding. Unfortunately our 7 rooms were spread over 3 floors and seemingly nothing could be done about it by the front desk staff.
Based on the accomodations I would recommend this hotel to others and will be looking for reasonable rates and convenient locations as we travel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family