“Breakfast is average”
Review of Proof on Main

Proof on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Proof on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,837 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We met friends here for breakfast. The breakfast was good, but average. The eggs benedict were certainly not worth $15! It was not bad by any means, but it was average. For $15 I guess I expected more.

The service was terrible. We had to call and call to the waiter to bring our bill. Only when the hostess motioned that we were calling him, (and yes we were saying his name - Kevin), did he return to the table. He just didn't seem to be overly interested in waiting on our table at any time during our meal.

This is not somewhere I plan to return. Maybe lunch and dinner are better....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant twice in the past year. We are in town on business and the restaurant allows us ample space for large group. The food is nice and very nicely done, though it's nothing that just says Oh My! Specialty menu with Bison Burgers, Rosemary Chicken and more. All is good though the steaks are just so, the burgers and alright and the rosemary chicken is above average. The drinks are all well done and while a tiche short on alcohol, the selection and quality is good.

A nice place for a business or special dinner with some local flavor and ambiance. It's about the image and location though the food is supposed to be better than we have experienced.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I just recently ate at Proof on Main in Louisville. Prior to arriving, I was very excited to hear I would be eating at Proof on Main. I've always wanted to see the famous 21C Museum Hotel (the restaurant is located inside the hotel). We started the meal in the bar with a few cocktails. They have a very extensive Bourbon selection, for which I know nothing about. But my simple drink was well mixed.
After drinks we moved into the dining room. The decor is as funky inside of the restaurant as in the hotel. When the menu arrived, I became very excited as almost every dish sounded interesting in delicious. My table ordered a couple of appetizers and a main course for each. The overall impression from the group was that the food was good, but nothing to go crazy over. I felt the warm Ricotta appetizer was rich and good, but did not wow or surprise. My risotto main course was tasty, but a tad salty. I was horribly underwhelmed with the side of braised collard greens. They were really disgusting. We did not do dessert, but were greeted with some homemade strawberry cotton candy which was a nice surprise.
The service through the night was very good. Our server was attentive without being clingy.
I do have to say that I left dinner underwhelmed compared to what I hoped the restaurant would be. I don't think I would spend the money to eat there again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Every facet of this eatery is near perfect. When thinking about the beauty of the decor, the excellent fare and the impeccable service I feel this restaurant is near the top of my list. There are two dining ares, a small patio and a very chic bar. All are lovely. A bit pricy but to ease the sting, cotton candy is presented with the bill.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

loved the location. right next to a giant gilded statue of David (o the irony).

very memorable bathroom experience (never thought i would write that in a positive tone) since you walk through the art museum to get there. the urinal is cheeky.

exceptionally friendly staff.

had truffle fries and fried bologna sandwich. fries were nice and crispy; I was happy with the balance of the ingredients on the sandwich. its NOT a jewish deli style sandwich where the meat is stacked inches thick, but instead is very complementary to the egg/arugula.