“Perfect home base for the Derby”

Residence Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect home base for the Derby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at this property for three nights over Derby weekend. We have stayed at many Residence locations and have always liked the accommodations. For Derby weekend, we were just hoping for a roof over our head in a convenient location. Well, they blew us away at every turn. The staff attended to our every need. They had a special Derby breakfast buffet with drinks and a omelette station. We were greeted with a Derby gift in our room and they even had a photographer on Saturday morning taking our pictures. When we got back after the Derby, our pictures were on a counter ready for us (no charge!). We saw the same staff over and over again, day and night, so they were definitely working overtime but it never phased them. They were always cheery and helpful. The hotel is convenient to downtown locations and a short drive from everwhere else in the area. We will be back again for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
AWC007,

We are so glad you stayed with us during the Kentucky Derby. It is our goal to leave our guest with great memories from this annual and world wide event. Hopefully we will see you again next year.

Sincerly,

Mark Kirsch-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Vincennes, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here end of April and found the staff to be very helpful, friendly and had a caring attitude. I asked and was given an upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite as a gold elite member for the 2 nights we stayed here. The rooms were very nice and I must say the AC works VERY well, about froze me out of the bedroom since the t-stat is in the living room. My room sat along Preston St and I didn't have any noise problems. I drive a large vehicle and the parking was pretty tight to get it in & out when the lot was full. Room was clean and fresh except for the used shampoo bottle in the bathroom that housekeeping had missed, but after all, the ladies (and men) that do this job at any hotel are pushed to get the rooms done as fast as possible and often overlooked for the great job they do everyday.

Convenient location for downtown activities. The pre-derby festivities were taking place and there was lots to do. Lots of restaurants, bars and clubs within walking distance.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on Preston St side or back of building for a little quieter room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Indy fan man,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

warm regards,

Louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I travel frequently in my Business travels calling on Military Bases throughout the Midwest US, and Its always nice to get back home. I live in Louisville, and every year my family and I get reservations at the Residence Inn, in Louisville to enjoy the Thunder Over Louisville Air and Fireworks Show and we have a Great time. Mr. Mark Kirsch, and his staff (special thanks to Maggie), make our visit unforgettable, and are very accommodating to all our needs. The rooms are spacious, clean, and designed very nice, and allowed us to visit with our other family members without crowding one another. I also liked the fact that the Hotel has upgraded to New Flat Screen HD Televisions. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone that would like to visit the city of Louisville. Thanks Mark, to you and all your staff!

Room Tip: Higher Rooms have less noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Bob,

I'm glad to hear you and your family had a great time at our property over Thunder over Louisville and I will be sure to let Maggie know what a great impression she made. We hope to see you again next year.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I had a difficult time finding other rooms. it was my first time at this hotel but not at a Residence Inn. Hotel was nicely decorated as were the rooms parking was fairly easy (although I had to pay $10/day) rooms were nice. BUT the hotel sits right next to an interstate and all night long I heard cars, sirens etc. Got a terrible nights sleep. I think I was on the 4th floor in an even numbered room. Also the price was listed at $299. Outrageous for Louisville. I did end up wrangling a discount but it was still crazy esp. when a room on the concierge floor at the Hilton or Marriott is less than that. So if you stay ask which side of the hotel your room is on and INSIST on the non freeway side. The area was a little seedy too and I walked past a few beggar bums when walking to dinner.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is NOT next to the freeway i think but am not sure it would need to be an odd nu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cathy,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a good nights sleep due to the activity going on in the downtown area and our rates are higher than normal due to the Thunder over Louisville festival going on that kicks off the Kentucky Derby festivities.

Sincerest apologies,

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for Thunder over Louisville which meant the hotel was packed. The staff was very warm and friendly. Rooms were super clean and have everything you could need for an extended stay sans oven. Breakfast is a nice spread with hot/cold options. It is located in an up and coming area so there are many restaurants within walking distance. The only negative would be the wireless Internet. I checked it before the hotel was crowded and I was only downloading at 1 Mbps.

• Stayed April 2013
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Brent,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay over Thunder over Louisville weekend. Sorry for the internet issue as we are currently upgrading. Thanks again and we hope to see you next year at Thunder or sooner.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter and I took a tour of the property looking at meeting space and the rooms. The moment we walked in the door we felt so welcomed. From the coziness of the front desk area (and friendliness of the staff) to the at-home feeling of the living room and dining area in the lobby, it was great!

They offer one and two bedroom rooms (suites), much like walking into an apartment. The kitchen is up to date and has everything you need of the luxuries of home, the bedroom is inviting and comfortable as well as the spacious bathroom area. Each suite has a couch in the "living room" that is also a fold out bed.

Learning that the hotel offers dinner during the week and being in an area close to everything you need was a nice perk. Also located near the newly updated area of Louisville...NuLu.

The meeting space located on the main level is beautiful and has nice, large windows that overlook the streets of Louisville.

I hightly recommend this hotel to anyone whether it be for one night, one week or a month, you cannot go wrong booking this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to view our property and go online to fill out a review on your experience. I'm glad to hear the staff was warm and inviting and will be sure to pass alomg your great feedback.

Mark kirsch-GM
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

By far the BEST service I have ever had a hotel, from the moment we walked in the door to the second we left. They definitely went above and beyond. Cant recall her name off hand(blonde hair) and Spencer were the best I've ever encountered

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how wonderful the staff at our property took care of you. I will be sure to let Maggie and Spencer know their excellent customer service didn't go unnoticed! Mark Kirsch-GM