“A great new years get away.”

Residence Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #42 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

A group of us booked a two-bedroom suite. It was nice and we were surprised with the gas fireplace. We have usually booked two rooms, but this year we enjoyed the larger suite. Breakfast is good and the remodel looks great. The fitness room is state of the art. Very nice.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank IndianaFoody
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Indiana Foody,

Thank you so much for spending New years eve at our property and taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed for a single night after dining with friends in Louisville. The front desk associate (Roger) was efficient and welcoming. I also saw him interact with other guests, helping them with their needs. I noted that he assisted a mother who was feeding pizza to her children by making sure they had plates and napkins ready. As someone who travels with college students quite frequently, I appreciate such helpful gestures. The breakfast area was very nicely maintained, with staff clearing plates quickly and refreshing the food stations as needed. The property is convenient to NuLu and is attractive and comfortable. I would definitely recommend it to others who want to stay in that area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Sarah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I'm glad Roger stood out and I will be sure to recognize him for a job well done.

Warm regards and Happy Holidays,,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently officiated a wedding for a friend's daughter in downtown Louisville, and needed a room. This was very close to our venue(Ice House) as well as the Ballpark and downtown(4th Street). Staff was very friendly and accommodating(even supplying some last minute office supplies). I was alone and had a small room but it was smartly designed and more than adequate. Enjoyed the very big screen TV that rotated to be seen from everywhere. Liked the Kitchenette w/full size fridge/freezer. Slow elevators but very helpful folks. Complementary Parking and a nice self serve breakfast for our group. I will use this facility again!

Room Tip: Interesting views from upper floors on both street side and backside. Parking access from 1st &...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was.I'm glad to hear we were able to help you with your last minute office supply need as well.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here for business and booked two rooms, only to find they only had one room. I asked to speak to a manager about it repeatedly but was never contacted. Wifi was nonexistent on the top floors of the hotel and the staff kept telling everyone that we were the only ones complaining, but I learned that it had been out since they installed HDTV and they were moving guests to other floors. On the last night of my stay, the front desk gave a key to my room to another guest (who was checking in) and he opened the door to my room. I had the lock out on the door enabled, which should have prevented this from happening. When I called to complain to the front desk, they hung up on me. Worst stay in a Marriott ever. Also, walking after dark in this area is very dicey, and lots of homeless people stay on the street within one block of this location. So be prepared to drive and be careful in this area.

Room Tip: I've had great experiences at the full-service Marriott near this location.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank roadtripsforfamilies
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

I am terribly sorry for the bad experience you had while staying at our property. I truly apologize for the mistakes made during your stay and want to ensure you it is our goal to make every guest stay a positive one.I know we made a few mistakes and would like the oppurtunity to make them up to you.

Sincerly,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We just completed a four night stay at the Louisville Residence Inn Downtown and I have to say we were overwhelmed with their professionalism and kindness. There was a mixup with the reservation system through the conference we were attending and the hotel staff bent over backwards to make it right even though arguably, they could have blamed others. The staff was so incredibly pleasant, the hotel clean, the room was wonderful. The hotel was very kid friendly and the evening manager's reception was amazing and we didn't even need dinner because it was so delicious and complete. We would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Sheryl,

I'm so glad to here you enjoyed your stay over the past four days and that the social event was able to provide a great value for you and your family. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very friendly staff. Public areas and rooms are very clean and appear newly renovated. The location was on the outskirts of downtown and we used our car to get around, but would have walked during the daytime if the weather was nicer. Not sue if I would feel safe walking in the area after dark. Wireless signal was excellent. The only negative I can say is that I personally found the bed uncomfortable and I wished the sink/dressing area had a door. Otherwise, it was a great value for the price paid.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. We enjoy hearing that our customers are completely satisfied.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We just returned home from a four night stay at the Residence Inn Downtown, Louisville, KY. The hotel is located in a unique area of Downtown Louisville where old historic buildings have been or currently are being renovated for apartments,condos,businesses, etc. Lots of great restaurants in the downtown area. Quick access to freeways. Hotel has been recently renovated throughout. Very colorful decor. We stayed in a Studio Suite. Very spacious for us. Qeen bed, sleeper sofa, desk, large closet, large bathroom vanity, decent size bathroom, full kitchen with all the dishes, pots and pans, and a table with two chairs. Pictures of the suite are accurate. Loved that the suite had two large windows. Breakfast was outstanding and offered much more than many hotels do and it is free. The menu may vary from day to day offering biscuits and gravy, mixed fruit, watermelon, donuts, pastries, bagels, waffle pancakes, wedge potatoes, scrambled eggs, cereals, juices, coffee, oatmeal, and lots of other items. We stay in many Marriott brand hotels and some non-Marriott hotels and this Residence Inn has the best and most outstanding breakfast I've had in a hotel. Kitchen staff was very friendly and accomodating and kept food well stocked.
Roger at the front desk was very pleasant and friendly and made us feel at home the entire stay and also gave us some good hints and suggestions about what to do in the area and the local restaurants. It was a pleasure to deal with Roger and the entire staff at the Residence Inn Downtown Louisville.
We have no complaints about our stay. We were very well taken care of and made to feel very welcome. We will certainly return and recommend your hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Danny B
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Danny B.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. Being in this business for quite a while now there is nothing more refreshing than finding out one of our staff members made a big enough impression on one of our guest that they took the time to let us know. Roger does a very nice job and I am glad he was one of the stand outs that made your stay enjoyable.

Warm regardzs,