Residence Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #42 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I can't say enough about our stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Downtown Louisville, KY. Being a Tampa resident I get to visit and stay at Walt Disney World resort hotels quite frequently. They are world known for their attention, hospitality and extraordinaire guest services. Our Marriott experience at the Downtown Residence Inn rivaled and exceeded many of our experiences at many other resorts. I drove from Tampa to Louisville in one day to take part in the 2012 Ironman Louisville competition. During check, in the staff was supper attentive, courteous and very professional. The manager assisting the front desk clerk was personally taking his time, and to my surprise, was even providing race related information to other guests checking in. That's no easy task. Ironman race logistics are no easy task, and Louisville is probably one of the most complicated ones. The manager (who's name I didn't get due to all the rush) was very well educated on the logistics, course and several other pieces of important information and was passing this information one by one to everyone. Very Impressing.

I have to echo many of the other good reviews left by other travelers: rooms were very clean and spacious, I didn't bring any pets, but I did grab a few of the free snacks the had on the counter to bring back to our dog. I got addicted to their water jug by the front desk, which was changed everyday with different fruits. During race morning (0400 or so) they set up a table by the exit with fruits, water bottles, and energy bars for all athletes heading out to the race. THAT WAS A NICE TOUCH. Location is excellent, about 1/4 to 1/2 mile to mayor venues. Breakfast was excellent, great variety and good quality. Loved the belgian waffles and fresh toppings.

It was also good to see one of the managers interact with the staff in a very polite and professional manner. The housekeeping staff was mostly Hispanic and to ensure directions were followed correctly the manager even went the extra mile as to speak (broken, but good) Spanish to them without being condescending (BTW, I'm Hispanic), in my opinion that reflects a lot of respect and character. The same values of politeness, friendliness and professionalism were demonstrated by every staff member we encountered. I'm no an conforming guest. If I pay for a service, I expect such service. The staff and facilities at the Marriott Residence Inn excelled at all this. They not only met our needs and expectations, but far exceeded them. That is the pure definition of EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Unfurtunately, I didn't finish the race, but I'll be back next year to get my revenge and the Marriot Residence Inn will be, once again, our lodging facility of choice.

Room Tip: If you travel with companions, is definitely worth it to get the one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RamonP391
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Ramon,

Thank you so much for taking your time to describe in great detail the wonderful stay you had at our property. I'm so proud that our excellent customer service stood out to you as my staff and I take great pride in delivering high level service to every guest. I'm sorry you didn't finish the race, but hope to see you back next year and maybe I can find enough pep in my step to enter the event with you next year.

Mark kirsch-General Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The rooms are really nice-clean, newly remodeled & very spacious. The staff is friendly & very accommodating, plus there's a free breakfast. We were travelling with two dogs & the hotel is pet-friendly & they don't charge extra for the pets which was a bonus. The only "issue" is that it's not as close to the KFC Yum center as advertised (it's 4 city blocks away, not 700 yards) and it's on the edge of an area that's being redeveloped. The hotel is safe but the surrounding area is a little sketchy right now. I'm sure it's going to improve so I would still highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SuzyRW

Suzy,

Thank you and your two dogs for your business! I truly appreciate you taking the time to send your comments about the stay at our hotel. I'm glad you found our hotel clean and our staff was friendly. I hope to see you back again in the near future.

Mark Kirsch-General Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was helpful and fulfilled all requests in a timely manner. Very close to slugger field and a little over a mile to the museum.

The breakfast was fantastic. Our only complaint is they did not remake the oatmeal when they ran out because it takes to long. A waste issue I am guessing.

Not the best area, but we felt safe. Our group agreed we would stay again minus kids as the pool has a capacity of five. We had to leave the pool because it was getting dangerous with 10 kids in it. have to have a good pool when traveling with kids.

Overall great hotel

• Stayed: August 2012
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

KC,

Were so glad to hear that you enjoyed youe stay at our property. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of my team!

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Mark kirsch-GM

Reviewed July 31, 2012

What an absolutely wonderful stay here. Everything, I mean everything was perfect, thats hard to do. I was really impressed by the consistency of the staff, all of them were super friendly, always smiling and ready to meet any request. Always fresh coffee and a different fruit in the ice water every day by the front desk was a nice touch in July. Pool area was very nice, although indoors, for a downtown hotel location. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was very nicely appointed, and comfortable in every way. 2 full separate bathrooms was a nice feature as well. I will definitely seek out this brand in the future now! My only wish was for a comfortable outdoor space at the hotel, although the lobby was very very plush and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

WOW!
This is the reason my staff and I get up and come to work. Thatnk you so much for your kind words. This is what we strive for to not only meet, but to exceed our guest expectations. My staff will be so excited to hear what you thought of our property and our team.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were in Louisville for a convention at the International Conference, and we chose the Residence Inn because we would have a full kitchen and could keep our small dog. However, we decided to leave the dog with family because of our schedule at the convention.

We had a studio unit, which included a queen bed, full kitchen with dishwasher and garbage disposal, ice-maker, and a queen sleeper in the living area. It was pleasantly decorated and in new-like condition. The kitchen had granite counter tops and stainless appliances, and was stocked with service for four. The bath was divided, the shower/tub combination in one room with the sink in the second room with the closet, located next to bedroom. The bed was comfortable, and we had plenty of pillows. The television was about a 40-inch flat screen that was located in a way that it could be rotated into the living area where the sectional sofa with chaise was located or into the bed area. the only thing that would have improved the experience would be to have two tvs so two people could watch different shows at the same time, but they would be back to back, and the sound would be a problem.

I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste, and they were provided compliments of the hotel.

A full, hot breakfast was provided each morning from 6:30 to 9:30 weekdays and 7:00 to 10:00 on the weekend. The food never ran out. They continued to bring food throughout the morning, and it was crowded each day we were there. We stayed from Wednesday to Sunday. The eggs and bacon were delicious, as were the bagels, pancakes, and waffles. I particularly enjoyed the orange/guava juice. They also had orange, apple, and other juices, assorted cereals, donuts and pastries, sausage, boiled eggs, oatmean, etc., as well as coffee and tea and milk, both 2% and skim (my favorite).

We had thought parking would be $10 per night. However, it was complimentary. We were also able to leave our car in the indoor garage all week and even on Sunday after we had checked out and were not ready to leave Louisville downtown. We paid $99 per night at this location.

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay one of the best we have ever experienced. We travel at least half a dozen times per year, and this rates at the top of our travel experiences in places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Ok soaybe not a diamond but this hotel is good in the fact that the staff is friendly, the place has been remodeled, the breakfast is more than adequate, the rooms are clean and have all the things you expect at a Residence Inn. The parking is also very convenient. BUT the neighborhood is funky with a capitol FUNK. I've lived in "changing" areas of Chicago and was surprised at the neighborhood. We were traveling with two families so for business persons it would be fine. As of July 2012 there is a construction site DIRECTLY across from the hotel so if you wish to sleep past 0630.... Good luck.

• Stayed: July 2012
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay at our property. I'm glad to here you thought we were clean and friendly.
I don't think our downtown area is as bad as it seems. We have the Slugger field baseball park right in our back yard and although alot of the buildings are older they are starting to be purchased and renovated In what we call the NULU district which has a lot of local vendors opening up coffee shops and eaterys. I hope to see you again in the near future so that we may have a chance to show you all of the city's hidden treasures.

Mark kirsch-GM

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed there last Saturday for a fun weekend getaway in Louisville. We chose the hotel based on its close proximity to the Louisville Bats game and it was less than a five minute walk to the stadium. We drove to the Louisville Slugger Museum because we were headed out of town afterwards and we did walk to 4th street live. It was a bit of a hike in the 105 degree weather and the first few blocks are not the best part of town, but we had no trouble in day light. We would probably take a taxi if it were dark out.

The rooms are small but contained everything we needed and more. We had a one bedroom suite, which had a queen room in the bedroom and then in the main room our girls used the pull out sofa. The sofa is a more modern design with an L shape that had plenty of room for all 4 of us to sit on while we were cooling off before the game. The kitchen appeared to have everything you needed, we used it to store leftovers that we never ate...

The breakfast was your typical free hotel breakfast with make your own waffles, eggs, bacon, breads, cereal, yogurt, fruit and pastries. The hotel pool is rather small and when we stopped in it was so hot in there that just the room didn't seem refreshing enough to make my girls want to swim. There was also a lot of standing water on the pool deck, which made it quite slippery. The work out facilities looked great, although I forgot my gym shoes...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad to here you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel was perfectly located for you to attend the bat's game.