“Very good residence inn.”

Residence Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #40 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Had a great stay at Residence Inn Marriott. Everything you need for a long term stay is right here. Clean as well. Good amenities. Interent was excellent and service was as well. I felt very safe and secure here as well. I will return when needing to say in Louisville again.

• Stayed: July 2007

Reviewed January 7, 2008

The hotel was a breeze to find, the room was beautiful, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great! We loved it. It was a great value, too! Definitely would recommend to friends, and would stay again - actually I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indianamusicmaker
Reviewed December 13, 2007

The parking was convenient, the room was very nice and spacious and Slugger field is one block away. The staff was nice and the breakfast was ok. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bertaron
Reviewed August 23, 2007

This was the nicest place I have stayed in a long time. We got government rates which made it affordable. The staff was all excellent. They were very helpful and just very nice. The pool and area was beautiful and although near the lobby, you don't have to walk through the lobby in your suit-I hate that. The suite was very comfortable. The kitchen was quite complete. The area was close to everything in an up and coming area. The trolley bus stop was a block away. Parking was free and inside. I would definitely recommend this place.

3  Thank HBSS
Reviewed May 2, 2007

We weren't totally sure about where to stay in Louisville but we were very pleased with this hotel. Here's why...

Positives:
1. A block away from Louisville Slugger Field. We went to Louisville and planned it around a game there, so this hotel was SUPER convenient for that.
2. Comfortable Rooms. I was very impressed with the design and decor of the room. We were placed exactly where we wanted per the settings on our Marriott rewards account. Every square inch of the room was utilized and and we were very please with it. Kitchen was GREAT! Full fridge, Microwave, even a dishwasher (which we didn't need but appreciated). The TV was on a swivel thing that could be viewed from bed OR from the couch area OR kitchen area very easily. The bathroom was very spacious for the size of the room and clean. Towels, hand towels and wash clothes were plentiful.
3. The Breakfast bar. Good grief!! There were so many choices, we felt like we were at Shoney's or something. The food area was separated from the dining area (nice). The breakfast staff were SUPER helpful and friendly. It was GREAT!!
4. Parking. The garage was kind of inside or under the hotel. We always found a spot and could get in and out easily. The access to the lobby was permitted with your room key scan card.
5. Linens were nice and comfortable. Lots of pillows.
6. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Negatives (not that bad):
1. The pillows were feather/soft fluff. For those of you who love those kind of pillows, they were very nice. But for us, we like firm, thick pillows because we are side sleepers, so I was a bit uncomfortable with them. But they were still nice pillows, just not firm enough for me. So if you can bring your pillow with, do it. I do have to say, I asked the nite staff about it and they searched for us more pillows but couldn't find any at that time. But I'm not a super picky person, so I just doubled them up and dealt with it.
2. There was a plastic outlet box behind our mattress that we didn't realize was being squished by the top matress when the bed was remade. It pushed on the box and created a super squeak noise our first night that drove us crazy, but we investigated the next morning and all was well. So watch for that.
3. House cleaning Staff person. Bless the girls heart, I don't think she spoke english. The morning we were to check out, she knocked (very persistently and repeatedly) on the door and woke us up at about 8:30 am. She then slipped our checkout form under the door and then tried to come in. But we had the door latch fastened and she couldn't. So my husband reluctantly got up and said "WE ARE SLEEPING" loudly. She then went away. So that was weird. Otherwise, she was very nice and seemed sweet.
4. There wasn't a divide between the sink area in the bathroom and the bedroom. So if you like your "primping" space without someone laying in bed and being able to watch you, you may not like that. The shower and toilet were separate but not the sink and closet area. So just keep that in mind. For couples, not such a big deal but for other people, it might be an issue.

We most definitely will stay here again if we make it back up for a game. You just can't beat the location and the ease of attending a game. It is great.

But we will bring our pillows from home next time. ;-)

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wearytogo
Reviewed August 13, 2006

We stayed at the Residence Inn August 10-12 2006 and were very happy with our stay. Extremely friendly staff at the hotel made us feel welcome and every staff member went out of their way to make sure we were having a pleasant stay.

The parking is free and very convienient. Many tourist sites and nice restaurants only a couple minutes drive. There is a full breakfast every morning with every breakfast item you could ever imagine. We came to breakfast very late one day, but they were still happy to let us in and eat.

The rooms are very nicely decorated. There is a sofa bed in the room along with the queen sized bed. The bathroom area has a separate sink area outside, along with a closet behind that. The TV rotates, so you can see it anywhere you may happen to be in the room.

We needed to check out a day earlier than planned, and the process was very smooth and no complications whatsoever about the early check-out. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank amanda_persnickety
A TripAdvisor Member
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2006

I recently spent three weeks at this location and found it to be not of the usual Residence Inn standards.

The rooms are very nice as the pictures display, however due to the design it is like a Marriott hotel and not a Residence Inn.

I did not feel any warmth from any of the staff except for the nite desk clerk who was there when I would leave for work @6:30am. He was friendly and always had a smile.When you stay somewhere for an extended period of time you usually get to know the staff well enough to recognize each other. These were some of the coldest and non-knowledgible people I have ever seen. Very Unfriendly, not rude just unfriendly.

The staff is new and unexperienced and this property has a lot of flaws to fix. It has the programable thermostats and after calling the front desk for three days, (I was burning up) and them trying to make me sound stupid, finally I went down and it just so happens a gentleman from the full service Marriott was at the desk and agreed to follow me up to the room. (Since I was not there during the day I was continuosly told that the engineers had left for the day.)

He walked in and immediatly realized there was a problem. I was moved within 5 minutes.

No apologies given.

The other major flaw is that the Managers Reception. The worst I have ever seen.

Whoever is responsible for this needs to understand presentation is everything and the choices were terrible. Each location follows the Menu designed by Marriott, however this is the worst I've ever seen.
It was horrible, horrible, horrible.

One day I just asked the cook what was going on and she actually told me that they were trying to get rid of what was in the kitchen so it would'nt spoil.

Very appealing, would you say?

I am scheduled to go back next week for another three weeks but I will definitely be at another Marriott property.

For the weekend I would say it's ok, but longterm NO!

I love Marriott's however this one gets a 2 out of 5 because its more to a rating than the room.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business