“A great hotel for long term business stay!”

Residence Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #36 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located in Downtown Louisville, with close proximity to companies like Hilliard Lyons and PNC Bank. The staff is extremely helpful and takes care of all your needs, so that when you come back from a long day of work, your room feels just like home, with everything in its right place. The staff is aware of the nature of the visits of its guests, and they understand the need to take food up to your room. They have special dinners for interaction with other guests in the hotel, in which you can also choose to carry your food and drink up. They have a complimentary coffee machine 24 hrs so that you can be rejuvenated when you're back after a day's work. The rooms are also spacious, with a generous wardrobe and living room. The gym and jacuzzi are places to cool down in the evenings.

Room Tip: The 2 room suite is ideal for 5-6 people
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pranay75
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

My staff is glad to here you liked our hotel as your home away from home. Thanks you for your comments and keep them coming as we strive for customer service excellence.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

I love this Residence Inn. They definitely have the best staff in the world. To be honest by the end of my time in Louisville, the staff were my friends.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ACoonin
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My wife and I recently traveled to Louisville and stayed at Residence Inn Downtown. The staff was excellent,very friendly and helpful as we had never visited Louisville before. The hotel provides breakfast, it was very good, way above the bagels and cereal boxes at the other hotels, The suites were nice and clean, very spacious for the two of us.
One drawback to this hotel is possibly location, it is located close to an interstate highway and near 3 hospitals and the airport, so the front suites are a little noisy. Also, there is only 1 restaurant closeby, Mcdonalds. There were no chains in the area,
The restaurants are at 4th Street live about 5 to 6 blocks away. There is a trolley system that runs about every 10 minutes in the downtown. The hotel is located about 10 blocks from the Slugger Museum, but trolley runs and stops directly in front of the museum, I mention the trolley because having a car, you have to pay to park eveywhere.
All in all, I was pleased with hotel and would stay again, at some time other than December VERY COLD!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pugsybrown
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This hotel was great! I read the reviews about it being in a bad neighborhood and that had me worried, but I needed something close to the Yum center and my daughter wanted a pool. We were in from Cincinnati for the Justin Bieber concert. The hotel was clean, the staff was nice and very helpful with directions and places to eat. The streets were packed down to the hotel after the concert and I felt safe walking back at night. My daughter loved the kitchen along with the free popcorn. Breakfast was amazing always stocked with waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, hash-browns, juice, fruit, coffee, yogurt and muffins. After breakfast we went to the pool it was clean we had the whole area to ourselves. Can not wait to come back and stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kappel22
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The Residence Inn was clean, comfortable, and accessible. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I cooked a few meals in my room during the week and when I needed an oven (rooms have stovetops only), they were happy to let me use their kitchen.
The gym is pretty decent as well - with lots of exercise equipment, open space, and weight equipment. Aerobic equipment isn't exactly cutting edge, but it get's the job done.
On the downside, my bathroom wasn't exactly spotless when I arrived, the sink drain must have been backed up b/c it was very slow, and my room's windows faced a shady looking parking lot and some run down buildings.
But overall - if you are looking for a quality Marriott in Louiseville (with very friendly/accomadating front desk staff), but don't want to spend $250+ per night on the full Marriott, the Downtown Residence Inn is your best bet.
Comparison to other Marriott hotels in the area:
This is the 4th Marriott hotel that I have stayed at in the Louisville area. I have stayed at the Courtyard by the airport, the downtown Courtyard, the downtown Marriott, and now the downtown Residence Inn. Of the 4, my favorite was the full Marriott (clean, comfortable, great view of the city, beautiful lobby, close to nightlife/ shopping/ restaurants). However, the full Marriott is not cheap.
My experiences at both the courtyard locations left much to be desired (however, to be fair, they may have upgraded since my stays, which were 1 and 2 years ago respectively).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FussyNewEnglander
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Staff was friendly, room was very clean, and the whole place looked well maintained. They have a great breakfast buffet that's included. They have wifi, but I didn't have my laptop and needed to print something. They have a courtesy computer with printer, which was very handy. Parking is $10/night, which is not bad for a garage downtown.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mikesavory
Reviewed September 20, 2010

If there is a text book somewhere on how to run a hotel, how to make guests feel great, at home, comfortable, taken care of, well fed, and go above and beyond 110% of the time- then this Marriott Residence Inn on E. Market street would be in it! Mary Pat Hartmann is the GM, and the wonderful "can-do" attitude clearly starts with her and is reflected in her great team. Not only did they take care of any request, any need, and then some - they anticipated our needs. Our daughter loved it, and she made new BFFs with the staff. The rooms were impeccably maintained, the pool and gym were gems. This hotel is ideally located for us, right at the foot of East Market street which is delightful - with great shops, galleries, restaurants. Did I already say we loved our stay? Well, I'll say it again. We loved our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
sdfgj, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Louisville Downtown. It is always a treat for our entire staff when our guests become part of our Residence Inn family. Our team works hard to provide our guests with the high quality experience expected from a Marriott. It is wonderful to hear that you became acquainted with our charming NuLu neighborhood. The East Market Street NuLu district is having a neigborhood festival on October 3. I hope you are able to join our neighbors and hotel guests in the festivities.

Mary Pat Hartmann