“Best Pizza...Ever.”

Ranked #248 of 1,852 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Phoenix Hill
Description: Late night diner open till 5AM for dine in and delivery. East coast style pizza, authentic Philly Cheesesteaks, and fried desserts and appetizers. Laid back full service dining experience. Punk/hip-hop/bohemian decor.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'm from Chicago and we take our pizza seriously. We were so surprised by this little tiny pizza place. We ended up getting this place both nights we were in Louisville because it was that good. They also sell beer for about 1/3 of the price as fourth street live which is where we were coming from. It was a cool place to hang out after a night of drinking. They had an air hockey table and didn't close til around 5am. Their pizza and cheesy bread was seriously delicious.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hotel front desk said try the airport location, and I am more than ecstatic that I did! The chicken BBQ pizza was fantastic, those fried oreos were so good I am kinda disappointed that I didnt order more. I didnt want to share any with the kids after the first bite LOL!!!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have eaten at the downtown Spinelli's several times recently and the pizza and service were great each time. The pizza is a bit crispy and the sauce is sweet and tangy. The service is always friendly and quicker than expected. The late hours are a plus too.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The best Philly cheesesteak I've ever eaten plus the deep fried Oreo's are so good. I was in Louisville at the downtown Hampton Inn and the first night I was here I got the Philly cheesesteak from Spinelli's Pizza on 5th street downtown. Today is my last day here it's back to Ohio and I just had to have another one of their Philly cheesesteak and deep fried Oreo's before I leave.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were looking for a place to have a quick, affordable lunch within walking distance of our hotel. We walked past all they typical chain restaurants, because although they were good, we tend to like more local, interesting places when we're traveling. As we were walking down the street we see this non-descript sign for Spinelli's, pointing at a staircase down to the basement level of a building. We thought "what the heck" and checked it out. We walked inside, and it was this huge concrete, plain, basementy type place, with minimial furniture, and quite a few video games scattered about, air hockey table, etc. We ordered a couple of slices of Sicilian, and two beers. The food was GREAT, the prices were even better! The atmosphere is very casual and seems to be a place for the pary crowd to hang out, since we noticed they were open till 5AM. If you are looking for a chain-style, nicely decorated place, then you won't like it here. But if you are like us and love to find little hidden places that have GREAT food, then you need to checck this little place out!