“Good place to chill”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Highlands
Description: A Louisville staple for over two decades now. Sitting in the heart of the highlands this local favorite is a classic traditional Irish pub, which boasts a perfect combination of traditional fare and drink with the bustling vibrant atmosphere that we all expect from an Irish pub. Irish owned and operated, we tried to bring a little piece of Ireland here to Kentucky even going as far as importing the bar itself from Co. Kerry, to insure that when you come to Mollys, you know it's the real deal. We offer two, party/function rooms that are FREE OF CHARGE so we're perfect for big events and of course come and see us on the weekends for regular bands and a DJ every Friday and Saturday night.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Molly Malone's has a very nice bar area with cozy seating around the bar. It also has a very large dining area. There is a large selection of draft beers and ciders. We had fish and chips and the Irish Reuben. I like both but my husband thought the batter on the fish was tough. The bar tender and host were both Irish which was a nice touch. Had soccer on the TV. Felt very authentic.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Last week I met a group of friends to listen to classic rock music, drink beer, and read poetry. Molly Malone's in the Highlands has great ambiance. The fish and chips that I had was enough for two people and the beer on tap was quite good. The server was pretty, attentive, and prompt. This is a great place to spend an evening with friends and a pint or two of ale.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a very traditional Irish pub with delicious "bar food" that goes beyond what you would expect to find to eat. Every spring and fall when the Louisville weather is perfect, I love coming here on a Saturday afternoon to sit back and enjoy the patio and scenic view of the Highlands.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I always try to find a Great Irish Pub when traveling and this place did not disappoint! We went after a long day at work and the food was excellent! We started with a tall, cool, Smithwicks, bacon wrapped scallops, yummy. My buddy had the Shepards Pie, of course I had the Fish and Chips and finished it off with an Irish Coffee with Jamesons! The cheese cake was excellent and the chocolate cake was to die for. Give this Pub a shot!!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have only visited the one in the Highlands for dinner. It's always very good. Definitely get an order of Scotch Eggs as an appetizer. You'll be hooked! At night, the generally have a DJ or a band and it turns more into a club. I enjoy it more for the food. Can get crowded.