“Good dining on the Ohio River”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #106 of 1,806 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My daughter and granddaughters dined here for lunch on 8/12/13. We wanted to dine overlooking the river in order to view the boats and barges. Although it was raining, part of the deck was covered which allowed us to still eat outside. Service and food was very good. Excellent childrens menu. I ate an appetizer platter of crab dip, calamari and crab puffs. It was excellent

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Got right in and was seated by the window. The view of the river was nice. Our server was not good. She was too friendly and forgot when we needed anything extra like tater sauce. Asked for more but never got it. It also took a long time for our waters to go. She was also a pushy server telling us what to get and this is what she would do. Didn't like that.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We love to "eat at Joe's" when we are in a town that has one. It is a special treat. Our waitress was friendly and extremely helpful with new menu items and recommendations. The steam pots came quickly and the crab was hot! Nice view over the river. If you like seafood, Joe's is a great choice. Will return next time we are in Louisville!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My son (11) had a ball with our waiter. Excellent food and service. Corn was scrumptious and atmosphere was great. Hated to pay $3 to park

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I visited Joe's Crab on July 5. We got right in and was seated. However, our table was in a corner and we had to maneuver around some other tables to get there. It was cramped but fine until they sat another family beside us. My chair was bumped 6 times by the employees and once by the family sitting there. I got a quick "sorry about that."

Food was good but a bit over priced for the area. The atmosphere was fun as usual. The staff danced (withOUT enthusiam). But they danced and my children enjoyed that part. Overall, if we hadn't been "put in the corner" I would have probably leaned towards giving them a 4 instead of a 3.