“Food and atmosphere good, Could he hotter”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #90 of 1,772 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Somerset, Kentucky
“Food and atmosphere good, Could he hotter”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Joe's has always been one of our family's favorite places to eat, even though it's a 150 mile drive from our home. The staff are excellent and the atmosphere is fun and relaxed. The only problem on our last two trips, was that the food was luke warm. It still had a good taste, but I like my food hot when it hits the table.

Visited April 2013

Shepherdsville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUMMY !!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I love the food and the employees are very upbeat! The view of the river is amazing ! I cant wait to go back for more !

Visited June 2012
“Great location, very poor food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Great Location, service not the best, party of 4 no one could finish their food. Party ordered hush puppies, you'd think kinda hard to mess a ball of bread up, but burnt on outside runny on the inside......

Little Elm, Texas
“Enjoyed the Food and the Staff on Our Visit to the Shack”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When we got to Joe's, we found out we had a 40-minute wait. But, it shouldn't have been surprising as it was right before the Luke Bryan concert at the Yum Center (Feb. 22). While we waited, we did see a few open tables and some that took a bit too long before someone cleaned them up (which is the only reason I didn't rate it excellent). However, we had a great server - Krista - who we enjoyed talking and joking around with and the food was very tasty. We started with calamari. I had the Orleans Steampot and my husband had the Lobster Daddy Feast. Neither of us could finish everything on our plates. However, Krista was able to talk us into dessert. I think it was the turtle sundae - whatever it was it was rich and delicious.

Meanwhile, as we enjoyed our dinner, Krista kept a good eye on us, and her manager, Michael Strauley, also stopped by and visited with us a couple times. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner out, and made it to the concert in plenty of time to catch part of the opening act. We will definitely be coming back as a couple, but also plan to bring some of my husband's crew from work.

• Visited February 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Crappy service crappy food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My son & girlfriend were here from out of state. They wanted to try Joe's - it took forever to get a table even though it was not busy. Waiter brought wrong drinks. They finally left without eating. Very very very poor showing for our out of town family.

Visited October 2012