“Hidden gem!”

Evan Williams Bourbon Experience
Ranked #10 of 183 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on Louisville's historic "Whiskey Row", the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience features an artisanal distillery, tours, educational tastings, and more!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited with our two kids, ages 5 & 3. I was a little nervous about taking the kids, but there was no reason to be. Our tour guide was awesome! She made my daughter feel very special, and made her the line leader of the tour. When it came time for the tasting, my husband and I just took turns. All of the staff went above and beyond making this a great experience for my family. I had a few more"blushing" moments at the science center that is geared for children than I did at here. Do not miss this tour!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Really enjoyed the tour and the history, but it did feel like $12 was overpriced considering the tour is a branding tool for Evan Williams.

The gift shop let you try additional bourbons as well as sample the dips/grilling sauces. One of the only bourbon attractions downtown, so a worthwhile stop if you can't make it out to the distilleries.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

What a surprise! This was a great treat! We had a wonderful tour guide that explained the process of making bourbon and telling the history of bourbon (Evan Williams Family) and how it affected the history of Louisville. Even though, she walked us through separate rooms, with our group, they were very well scripted and nicely done with explaining step- by- step process. (Including a real distillery process) But, the great surprise, at the end is a tasting bar; with sampling of 2 Evan Williams bourbons and techniques of "how to sample" - plus a bourbon ball - for the final touch on the palate! Yummy. Nice tour for the adults.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Great! Tour guide Deb was excellent and the bourbon was good as well. Would recommend it to anyone in the area for a visit.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

For anyone visiting Louisville that doesn't have the time to drive out to the big distilleries, the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience offers you a bourbon experience right on Main Street in downtown! I really enjoyed the lesson on how to drink bourbon neat. The displays are very well made and, while there was the obligatory gift shop at the end, I made full use of it!

Been to Evan Williams Bourbon Experience? Share your experiences!