“This place is "a find".”
Review of Brasserie Provence

Brasserie Provence
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Provence is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,858 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Brasserie Provence is a local family-owned and operated restaurant offering casual, upscale dining and traditional French cuisine with a South-of-France flair. A large selection of Provençal and classical French dishes offers something for everyone at an affordable price. Enjoy Southern French wine by the glass, signature cocktails, French, Belgian and local Kentucky beer, and select bottles of wine from Provence and the Pacific Northwest. Ample seating is available in the brasserie-style bar, the warm and inviting dining room, and the seasonal outdoor patio. Parties of six to twelve can be seated at the generously-sized chef's table, parties or meetings of up to 40 are accommodated in the private dining room, and the entire restaurant is available for events of up to 150 people. Free parking is available in our spacious lot. Join us Monday-Friday for Lunch & Happy Hour, and Monday-Saturday for Dinner, to experience a taste of Provence!
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Visiting the area on business I saw the sign and wondered if it was in fact French Cuisine. I was happy to find it was. The owner is French so he knows what he's doing. It's French dining as done in France with a charcuterie, plat du fromage and other goodies. I was very pleased. I ate there twice and brought a colleague the second time who asked why I hadn't brought him earlier. he had the Tuna and just raved over it. I had the Lavender Honey glazed Pork Chop and then the Veal Scaloppini. They were delicious. I was quite surprised that the portions were so large. That is one difference between here and the meals I've had in Paris. Cool! More expensive than say...Chili's, but worth it. They do have a tendency to sneak things in on you, though. The olives they offer are not gratis (7). If they offer a salad, ask! (my colleague payed 10). I got a complete meal with appetizer, Entrée and desert for $29.95. The service was very good and my guy was not intrusive. If I'm back in this area I will DEFINITELY return here. Tres Bon.

1  Thank keith e

Reviewed June 23, 2014

After two visits I can't find fault at all. Everything is fresh, well prepared, service perfect and the owner makes an appearance each time! One of the best lunch menus of any place in town and the atmosphere even reminds me of a real French brasserie. The prices are quite reasonable as well.

2  Thank LLindaC
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Good location for me. The vegetable soup is great. Cheese plate is very good but pricey. The place is very well done. The staff was great.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The food was uneven with some menu items being outstanding and others missing the mark. My clafoutis was baked but cold in the center. The service was overly attentive, even intrusive at times. The waiter was unconsciously patronizing, explaining the concept of press coffee as though we had never seen it. Short of being rude to him we had no way to stop his excessive bonhomie. He meant well... May try it again, may not.

2  Thank mlindab
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very good service and outstanding food. Salmon, pork chop and french onion soup were very tasty. Entrees were paired with very appropriate sides. Ample portions and wine by the glass.

1  Thank Dayton_OHJohn