“Love me some Mexican!”

Los Aztecas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 1,859 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: As Louisville, Kentucky's finest authentic Mexican restaurant, Los Aztecas Mexican Restaurant offers a vast selection of quesadillas, burritos, tacos, tamales, fajitas, enchiladas and other Mexican favorite available either a la carte, as dinners or in a variety of combination plates. Not only will your taste buds enjoy the delightful Mexican treasures of our homeland, but you'll also be amazed at our world-famous margaritas, served frosted or on the rocks with a touch of salt. And chips and salsa are always complimentary. Serving downtown Louisville for over 18 years, Los Aztecas is your destination for delicious and authentic Mexican food and great daily specials. Come check us out!
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I go here a lot for lunch and it is really good for Mexican. It is not my all time favorite, but the food is good and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

It was our "dine out" night on the business trip, the night the company didn't feed us, but reimbursed us later if we ate under a certian budget. I was by myself, unsure of where to go, and enjoying the beautiful weather. Aztecas was perfect. I had a full glass of a light, white wine and an excellent meal while sitting outside and reading my book. They give you chips (average) and a light salsa to start you off with (good and not spicy). The waiter took a little while to come out to be, but after that initial visit, he was awesome. He did not rush me, brought me water, napkins, and more without asking, and was personable and polite. The food was so rich and full. I had the chicken flautas (spelling?) and was more than pleased. The meal came with two chicken wraps, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, rice, and excellent refried beans. This was the first time in a long time that I finished everything right there and did not even try to take anything home. Even though I was long since full, I had to finish everything it was so good. And last but not lease, I got all of this for under 16 dollars. Awesome!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We had good, fast service and the food was delicious.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and i eat Mexican more than anything. I got the burrito grande with steak. It was a suprise to see such a good cut of beef, but there wasnt any flavor at all. It was the most bland burrito i've ever had. My wife had chicken enchiladas. Again - same thing. Where was the spice or even a tad bit of flavor?!?!?!? Our appetizer was ok - chicken cheese pepper skillet thing. A bit too cheesy, but im glad we got it or the whole meal would have been a bust. Atmosphere was awesome. Service was pretty good except our server knew we were unhappy with the food and didn't offer a discount - which she probably should have done. Chips and salsa were good. Beans were ok - a little too watery!

Best advice - get drunk before u eat or go to taco bell.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The place itself is nothing special. The seats and chairs not especially comfortable, and the service is just OK. Food was very good though, and you gotta love the huge margaritas. If you're in the convention area and wanting a reasonably-priced non-chain option, it's a good choice.