“nice place”

Cuisines: American, German, Seafood
Neighborhood: Old Louisville
Neighborhood: Old Louisville
Reviewed April 20, 2012

the atmosphere was nice and friendly...good staff...had the fish and it was huge!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Cunningham's

Reviewed April 16, 2012

A family member recommended this restaurant while we were in the area. The fish was heavily breaded and burnt. The shrimp came from a box from a local grocer and had no taste. The staff was very rude, asking why we didn't make reservations for our group 7. There was only 1 table of guests dining so plenty of tables available. The family member who recommended this restaurant told the server that the fish was horrible. She acted as if she didn't hear him. We don't do business like that in the South. Worst dining ever!!!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Been around for years and still some of the best fried fish and hush puppies around. Servers always seem to be in a good mood. Can they be that perky all the time!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I doubt that any of the workers even have a G.E.D. They are poorly trained. I couldn't count how many time the waitress asked me, "Want a refill?", Instead of "Would you like a refill?"
The food isn't too bad. The salads are below average. Remember to always send food back if it looks wilted. The two old geezers in the bar, often argue for hours, disturbing all of the customers. Our waitress couldn't remember a thing. Too busy gossiping with the other employees. You can't go wrong with the chicken.
I guess the old saying still stands, Employees are a product of the owners. Go to the Colonade. It should be open by now on the 1st. floor of the Starks building. If it's not cafeteria style, as it once was, go elsewhere.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

An employee of Cunningham's called me a "fat slob" as I rode by on my bicycle, and the manager I spoke with on the phone was rude, combative, and blamed it on me. I will not ever, ever, ever eat at Cunningham's again (as if I'm interested in instant mashed potatoes and salty, filmy gravy anyway). I will do everything in my power to suggest that others boycott this disgrace of an establishment.

1  Thank ejharbeson

Been to Cunningham's? Share your experiences!