“Not just a steakhouse”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Highlands
Cross street: Midland
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The meat is excellent but the surprise is the large number of vegetarian dishes. We took friends and the wife was a vegetarian. She thought it had great choices for her. Us meatatarians love the place.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The brick walls welcome you like an old friend to a place where the music complements the surroundings rather than overcomes them. The service is quick, the menu is plentiful, and the prices are very reasonable. From the appetizers to the main course this is as authentic as it gets. Palermo Viejo introduces you to the meats and dishes of Argentina gently and effectively. The "parrillada" is served in a steel mini-grill featuring hot coals so your food doesn't get cold as you eat. And you can savor it while trying a multitude of fine red wines until you find your favorite one. Can't wait to get back to Lousville to try the other dishes in the menu. A great place to relax and enjoy a great dinner.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Food was great and the service was very good. went there for dinner with my wifes family and they eat there all the time since she is a doctor in Louisville. I will be here again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I had Valentines day dinner there earlier this month. It was our first time and we were excited to check off another Bardstown Rd. restaurant off of our "list". The dining room is small and the tables are packed close together but we never really felt cramped. We ordered a bottle of wine (moderately priced at $30) and took our first look at the menu. We started with a delicious sounding appetizer called Provoleta. Hot melted aged provolone with olive oil and oregano. It was served with crusty bread and was superb! It was a great start to dinner. Being the "carnivore" that I am, I had to have the La Parrilldada for one: Argentinian chorizo, flank steak, short rib and sweetbreads. Sweetbreads and chorizo were awesome. Perfectly cooked and well seasoned. The flank steak was a little "chewy" but expected for that cut of meat. The short rib was too tough and it was the only thing left on my plate. I can't forget to mention the delicious red chimichurri served on the side of both meals. My wife had the filet and it was fantastic. Both were served with a nothing special side salad. We ordered the papas a la provenzal as a side dish and they were amazing. The night ended on a very high note with delicious banana ice cream with a dulce de leche sauce.

Overall it was a good meal with excellent service. We will return and keep exploring a very interesting menu!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

First trip to Palermo and was not disappointed. The steak was excellent, the service was attentive and the overall price is attractive. Certainly nothing super-fancy, but great value for the quality. The only drawback is the confusing issue about side items. The menu is not clear on this, and you pretty much have to ask if your dinner comes with a side or not (mine came with a salad but nothing else, my husband's didn't come with anything). Perhaps that is an Argentinian thing, but probably want to make that a bit clearer.