“Ecletic Bakery...”

Blue Dog Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 21 Bakeries in Louisville
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Artisan Bakery & Cafe in Louisville, Kentucky.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was hoping to find a decent bakery in Louisville and came across Blue Dog. The place inviting from the outside. It had the hustle and bustle of a busy cafe. When I stepped inside, however, I stood waiting for service. Two service staff went back and forth doing their own thing but paid no attention to my party as well as another party standing behind us. I tried to make eye contact but they were not up for any of that. They went on with their business of slicing a nice baguette, putting together some drinks and made delivery. We stood quietly until one of them finally came over to ask how he could help us. It took them 10 minutes to get around to serving their clientele. Interesting service practice.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a wonderful little bakery/restaurant in a very non-descript location. The fresh baked breadsand pastries are superb.The sandwiches are absolutely delicious served on this wonderful toasted bread. I had the reuben and my table mate had the Bacon Cheddar sandwich and we would recommend both highly. The service was good. Be prepared to wait for a table but don't worry, it is well worth it!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place is amazing! The bread is perfect, a hard crust with a soft chewy center and very flavorful. They bake different varieties throughout the week. It is a self service counter until 9:00 a.m., then they serve brunch. You'll have to come back more than once because you will want to try everything. The scrambled eggs with Gruyere cheese melts in your mouth, but by far the best thing on the menu is the poached egg pizza. Bacon, arugula and poached eggs on a delicious homemade crust. It's enough to share although you may want to horde it all yourself! I read other reviews that the service was lacking; however, ours was spot on.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Food was absolutely incredible. It gets a bit packed, so make sure you get there with some time to spare.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and a met here for brunch before going to a movie. We both had the quiche and it was delicious. Bread with blackberry preserves was yummy. My only "complaint" and it's more of a disappointment was when we went back later it was closed and I couldn't get some of the decadent looking baked goods I had planned to get. Several other people had the same idea and were also disappointed. They close after lunch and do not reopen until 5:00. Also, quiche was not on the menu-we had to ask.