“Great restaurant find !!”

Lee's Korean Restaurant
Ranked #336 of 1,771 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Korean, Mexican
Neighborhood: South Side
Neighborhood: South Side
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant find !!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Had to venture to the area in rush hour traffic. Decided to stop for dinner in lieu of fighting traffic. Used app to find food near me. Wow, am I glad I came here. So authentic. Tried several menu options. The egg rolls were really good. Not your normal bland roll. On to the tofu with fried kimchi, the kimchi was so delicious. Entree was beef
bulgogi. Thin slices of beef & onions with sticky rice were really good. The business has lunch & dinner. Closing at 2:00 PM, re-opening at 5:00 for dinner. The location is in a business tower. Definitely not upscale ambience. But, the authenticity can't be beaten.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank clairjean

Mayfield, Kentucky, United States
“Hidden Star”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Lee's is hidden away on Bishop Lane, at first I was concerned the prices seemed a bit high, and it was a bit cramped.
When the food came I knew I was getting a value! I am not a small man and had a light lunch and I could not finish the one entree' I ordered.
The food was as authentic as Korean can be in the States, and absolutely delicios, the service was great as well.
It is truely one of Louisville's hidden stars.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Barry S
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Disappointed in Lee's Korean Restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I saw the Excellent reviews about Lee's Korean Restaurant (located in ground floor of a hotel) so we decided to eat there during our visit to Louisville, KY. We were very disappointed with the food. We ordered the bibimbap, combination fried rice and beef soup. All were tasteless. We probably ordered the wrong entrees. Bibimbap for $13 only had 1 egg and a couple of meat in it. Soup was warm with 3 small chunks of meat ($13). Kimchi and condiments were good and service was also good.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DodieStraightUp
Louisville
“Hopefully”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

... the recent visit by "Jeff B", and some poor service, was an aberration. I've visited Lee's for 15 years or more, including a few nights ago. Their service has ALWAYS been very fine, and their menu is both, basic and adventurous. The various soup bowls are very fine, the myun/noodle dishes are both bountiful and tangy, and I'd like to try their casseroles (in the $35/36 range) in the future. ... The other night, the beef tongue was remarkable, and Lee's always has those extras (cucumber, kim chee, tofu, etc.) to go WITH a meal. It's still, one of the best, traditional restaurants in this area.

• Visited February 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived at 7:15 this evening and it took a very long time for a waiter to even acknowledge my wife and me. It was well after 8:15 before our food arrived on a night that featured a good number of empty tables in the small restaurant. During the more than hour wait, the waiter never came back to our table to explain the delay nor were we offered refills on our drinks. Our meal eventually arrived and the waiter still never offered refills. The kitchen could have been struggling, but a pitcher of water and an update on the food seems like a minimal expectation from any restaurant. The food was good enough, but the bottom line is that it took more than one hour to get our meal in restaurant that was not full. Also, we were never got refills during the one and one half hours that we were in the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013