“Pricey But Good Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Clifton
Cross street: Mellwood Avenue and William Street
Description: Located on Historic Frankfort Avenue since 2003, in two renovated shotgun style houses, the North End Café offers a unique setting for any occasion. Our décor blends historic architectural elements of the original design with modern accents. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, our entire, eclectic menu is available all day, including a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We ate breakfast at the one on Bardstown Road, my boyfriend ordered the french toast, which was a whole loaf of bread I think, that was the biggest order of french toast I have ever seen and I ordered just the basic breakfast with sausage. The sausage was nasty, but everything else was excellent, I got the wheat toast and the bread was made right there I think because it was so fresh and the home fries are the best I have eatten out anywhere......

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place has a way of luring you in just by the way it looks from outside! Once inside, you are greeted by a very eclectic group of people who are attentive to your every need. The food is great. I would definately recommend the Sunday brunch with a group of people. We would go with 6 or 8 people and get alot of different brunch items to just pass around. The orange french toast is to die for!!!! But lunch or dinner are wonderful as well. And while waiting for your meal you can enjoy viewing the local art hanging from all walls

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The ingredients are fresh and healthy and the selections are varied and interesting. The new location is fine but the atmosphere of the one on Frankfort is better.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went to the North End Cafe for Sunday morning breakfast because we like to support the local economy and "eat locally" wherever possible.

From the outside, the building looked small and the parking lot was a little tight, but we were seated and served within a half an hour and the service and food were great!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

A Fair quality restaurant serving fair quality of vegetarian food, with fair quality of service and fair prices.
One may try it to entertain their vegetarian friends in a relaxed, and friendly atmosphere.