“exceeded expectations”

Courtyard Louisville Northeast
Ranked #30 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed here 6/5-6/7/09. WE were both very pleased with our choice. the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We wanted to do some sightseeing and the front desk clerk gave us a nice drive out towards Lexington which took us past several horse farms. There was a youth soccer tournament in the area so the hotel was completely full with families but our 4th floor room was very quiet. Accommodations were very clean and spacious, although the layout was a little different. It was hard to watch TV from the bed but we weren't in room much anyway.
The area around the hotel is very nice and there are several restaurants right nearby. There is also a new movie theater down the street. The price for the room was very reasonable. The indoor pool is tiny so don't plan on swimming for exercise. It only took us about 20 minutes to get to downtown Louisville from hotel and the Louisville Slugger Museum. I would highly recommend taking the family there if there are any sports fans. It has a lot of memorabilia.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Louisville Northeast

Reviewed June 22, 2009

I had to double check to see that this was indeed a Courtyard by Marriott as the decor and level of service was much better than I'd experienced in the past. Apparently , the Courtyards are getting a much needed update and I must say it's very successful.

The rooms the most comfortable of our entire vacation with lots of room, an onsite laundry, a very nice lobby with complimentary magazines and newspapers as well as several flat screen TV's. The lobby has an open feel with a transitional decor that's relaxing.

Staff was impeccable (southern hospitality perhaps?). I overheard the clerk arranging to send up wine and cheese to a couple who happened to mentioned it was their anniversary. A 4 star feel for a 3 star price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Nobody wants any problems after 8+ hours behind the wheel or running between airline gates for flights. So, when you finally arrive at your hotel, it is a real pleasure to be treated as well as this lobby staff treated me. They answered all questions, ended up having fantastic suggestions for local restaurants (ask about Lynn's), and really brightened up the whole trip experience.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We stayed at this conveniently-located hotel one night while traveling from Indiana to Tennessee, and wished we could have taken it with us. Less than $90 a night, for a beautifully furnished, immaculately clean king room. We put in our usual, and usually ignored, request for a quiet room, and when I reiterated the request at check-in was told they had noted the comment and had pre-registered us into the end room on the top floor. Bliss. Between the comfortable bed, the heavy drapes, and the utter lack of noise, we got the best night's sleep on the road ever. The staff is incredible. Maybe it's the hiring, maybe it's the training, maybe people in Louisville are just born that way, but every employee we encountered was helpful, and friendly, without any of that Mouseketeer persona that so often infects hospitality workers.

There is a nice little cafe downstairs with a good breakfast at a reasonable price, and they have a television at each booth. Marriott should find a way to clone our waitress.

It's a very pleasant surprise to pick a conveniently located budget hotel along the route for an overnight stay and be so pleasantly surprised. We were delighted with every aspect of this one.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or through Louisville. The staff here is the best around. Everyone is accommadating and curtious. The rooms are always clean and the pool and workout room allow me to unwind after a long day. I stay in Louisville 2 weeks a month and I always choose to stay here. The Managers and Reps at the front desk do everything they can to make me feel at home. If you're interested in a hotel that caters to your needs, make sure and choose the Courtyard Northeast. We also use them for our customers and have never had a complaint! Thank you to Dave and the rest of the great staff at the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2008

We stayed at this fine hotel for 3 nights and it was lovely in every way. The room was spotless, well appointed, roomy, and blessedly quiet. The public areas and outside were clean, attractive, and well care for. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. There is a coffee maker in your room as well as available in the lobby 24/7. The hotel is set back from the main road and it felt like a quiet and safe location. I would definitely stay there again. We had to drive a little to get to the KY Expo Center for concerts we were attending, but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 29, 2008

I wasn't sure where to stay in the area, so I decided to leave the "choice" to Priceline - and ended up in this hotel. It was a great experience.

First, they did not treat me like a second-class citizen because I'd booked through Priceline like I'd experienced in other hotels. Friendly, courteous, competent service, the hotel was clean, modern, safe. No wireless in the rooms, but that was not a huge problem - they do have what appeared to be an Ethernet cable in every room.

The location is a bit off the beaten path, but not hard to find once you know where it is. It also means that it's quiet - very nice! And dining and shopping are within walking distance (although I wouldn't necessarily do it at night, it's a bit dark.)

We did have a fire alarm at 7 a.m. in the morning, but that can happen anywhere.

Breakfast is not included, but since I don't enjoy hotel breakfasts anyway, I was quite happy with that. There's also a Panera right next door.

Great value for the money, would stay again!

Overall, I'd definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)