All reviews paul mitchell excellent room front desk staff king room nice hotel room was clean would stay here again restaurants and shopping derby weekend great place to stay top floor hotel is located hot tub convenient location excellent stay pleasant stay lobby
Reviewed September 9, 2012

When I travel to Louisville, I have been staying here. I like the location, lots of restaurants, Target, etc...within walking distance. Hotel staff are very friendly and accomodating. Hotel is clean and comfortable. My only dislike is the towels. They could really use an upgrade as they are super thin and scratchy. I know that may not be a make it or break it issue however it does make the stay more comfortable. The exercise room is small but they do offer you the option to go to the gym down the street. I don't mind the size, however, the treadmills probably need serviced, belts squeak and there are never any complimentary headsets to use. I should also mention the Bistro, they do have some really good food and list all the calorie counts next to teach item.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My stay at this hotel was peaceful. Although, I did not like not having a refrigerator in the room. But I thought the decor in the room was very nice and contemporary. The bed was absolutely divine along with the pillows. However, the biggest disapointment for me was that they did not offer free breakfast. I did not have a choice in the matter of where I booked to stay because this hotel was chosen by my orgnization. I wouldnt stay here again because the price of this hotel didnt quite match the amenities that should be offered.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank RonicaE
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stopped here for 3 nights recently. Can't really fault the hotel at all. Rooms were clean and appeared to be recently redecorated. Staff were friendly. Didn't have breakfast here we walked around 800m to the local Panera Bread establishment like some other past guests have. Would we stay here again - yes absolutely.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank WolvesinUSA
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Decent room, clean, but what you'd expect from Courtyard. No surprises, consistent, and nothing special. Located in a very nice area of town. Lots of retail and dining near the motel. Convenient to I-265 and I-71.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2012

When my husband and I booked this hotel for a pit stop on the way home from our family vacation- we looked up several hotels and read reviews. We appreciated the reviews from others here so we called the number listed for this hotel, which took us to the main Marriott number. We asked for a room that would fit 2 adults and 2 children and were given a price- which my husband knows was for 2 doubles. He hung up to talk with me that evening and we then called back and booked it- so this was the second person we had talked to. When we got to the hotel- we were given a room that was very musty and had only a king bed and a pull out sofa bed which is ONLY a twin size. When I went down to the desk, the lady checking us in - although she was nice at first she acted as though I was bothering her. She blamed it on the main Marriott. Unfortunately for us, we didn't have a direct number to the hotel so we had to make contact with the main Marriott number when booking. She made a comment "well, lucky for you we have one room with doubles left". I was taken aback by this comment- really? It was not my error - whether it was the main number or not, I think you would be more concerned about getting my family taken care of - if you didn't have a room that would accommodate us- then what? I booked what I was supposed to- anyone that is booking a room for 2 adults and 2 kids would know that a twin sofa bed isn't going to work (and if the main Marriott doesn't know the sofa beds are only twin sofa beds- they need to have this noted- as it makes a big difference in booking rooms as the number of people would not coincide with sleeping room available!). However, the "lucky" room was perfect. It was clean, had a fridge, microwave, and coffeepot. We also booked this hotel based on the fact that it had a pool. JUST AN FYI: If you plan to bring your family and it has more than 5 members- THINK AGAIN! The very small pool has a sign that says if there are more than 5 individuals in it at a time, you will be fined $1,000. This was quite disturbing as my family (4 of us) went to swim and when we got down there- there were already 2 in the pool which meant one of us (one in our family) could not go in. Clean, nice, quiet hotel, but caution when booking rooms and if you have children- think again on the pool. If other guests are there using it- you're out of luck.

Room tip: Make sure your room will fit your number of family members when booking. Main Marriott does not know apparently that their sleeper sofas are twin size.
Date of stay: July 2012