“Delicious pressed sandwiches.”

Havana Rumba Middletown
Ranked #7 of 1,806 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Havana Rumba is a celebration of the culinary genius of the island of Cuba brought to life by a team of passionate people. No passports required!
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I lived in louisville for three years and when I return I try to stop by here. Very good food. Like a previous reviewer, I used to think that no good restaurant could house itself in a little strip mall. Boy was I wrong. If you only get to have one meal in Louisville, get it here!

2  Thank Brian H

Reviewed May 31, 2014

we've been by it a hundred times, but always thought, "nah, it's in a strip mall, by a car rental place. How good can it be?" Lesson learned. Never judge a restaurant in a strip mall!
We were looking for somewhere different to go and landed here after looking at the menu and some reviews. I was a little put off by what seemed a "bar" atmosphere because we would have our 8 yr old son with us. It is very much a family restaurant. There were almost as many kids as adults there. Wonderful atmosphere. The wait staff could not have been better and neither could the Chicken Empanadas and Cuban Coffee. I was not fond of the shrimp dish, but everything else was wonderful.
The outdoor seating looked so comfy & great for a girl's night out or other gathering place.
We now have a new favorite place.

2  Thank ddashby16
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I am Cuban and I live in Miami, on a recent trip to Louisville Kentucky, I decided to see why this place was the number one restaurant in Louisville. I didn't know what to expect. I have eaten at many Cuban restaurants through the US and always found them to be less than authentic. Just because you serve mojitos, that, doesn't make you a Cuban Restaurant. However that was not the case at Havana Rumba. This was authentic Cuban food just like my mom used to make and like the food in the Cuban restaurants in Miami . Our party of six arrived around 6:30 PM and the place was packed. We had called ahead and were seated within a few minutes.

Our group ordered, vaca frita, roast pork, palomilla steaks they were all excellent. The black beans were right on and the yuca was amazing. Very authentic. The fried plantains were a little hard but I knew that's because they were probably frozen, but they were ok. The bread was the only thing that was not authentic Cuban bread, but it was very tasty none the less.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They even sang a birthday song for one someone in our group. Bottom line is that Im not sure if that's the # 1 place but it was very very good. I would definitely return there the next time Im in Ky.

4  Thank elcubanodemiami
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Weather was clear and in the mid-70's so how nice that Havana has a large outside seating area. We had the Cubano sandwich and the pulled pork plate. Service was prompt and very friendly. The outdoor seating area is particularly family friendly, although those without children didn't seem bothered by the buzz. The food was very well prepared and served. They also prepare a very nice mojito. We were just passing through Louisville and selected this place from Trip Advisor. That proved to be a good decision.

2  Thank Otto W
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Everything about Havana Rumba was great. Stepping through the front doors to see the front of an old Chevrolet as the front counter was very impressive, as was the general decor. The food was brought out quickly and everything tasted great. Highly recommend for anybody staying around Middletown.

2  Thank KbenjarMark