“Olive Garden for Vegetarians”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #375 of 1,785 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Hurstbourne
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Olive Garden for Vegetarians”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I know going to Olive garden and eating vegetarian food is kinda sad, but what other options do we vegetarians have? I feel more vegetarian options should be added in the menu as many people are now choosing this lifestyle...

It was my 1st time in Olive Garden and I love Italian and I wasnt disappointed!! We ordered Minestrone soup, bruschetta, Cheese raviolli with Marinara Sauce and Strawberry Smoothie... It was awesome, me and my husband shared this.

We also tried Potato chips with cheese sauce(i dont rememember the exact name), it was aweful, the chips were burnt and sauce tasted weird.

I must say thanks to our waitress Erica for taking our order with patience and helping us get this amazing experience.

• Visited August 2013

“Always Good”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Olive Garden is where we meet our best friends almost every week. We come with our $4 off dinner coupons. The restaurant stays busy and you will have a wait time. Happy Hour is not offered but there is a full-service bar. The salad is always fresh and we ask for extra black olives. The menu has its staples and new dishes at times.

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“too much and not enough”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The decor of this restaurant is very comfortable. Many diners feel that the salads that are served are too big and a lot is wasted. I ordered bruschetta as an appetizer and the portion size was large. I also ordered asparagus and there were only a few skinny pieces on the plate. It would be nice if the serving sizes were more 'normalized'. The crispy chickpeas were a novelty to me and were pretty tasty. The cheesecake dessert was pretty average - could have been a lot better.

Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Olive Garden: consistently good italian fare”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to use our Christmas gift certificates to Olive Garden last evening. We had been to OG before, both here and in other locations. I am reluctant to review chains since their very nature is consistency; the experience is pretty much the same regardless of the location. For OG I will make an exception.

Many times during eating hours or on weekends you have to wait. OG encourages a casual experience for their diners, not rushing them out for the next patron. Lots of groups utilize OG for birthdays and special occasions so that may explain the wait lines I see on weekends.

Our waiter was a little slow to our table initially but took care of us the remainder of our meal. Sometimes serving groups, they pull two waiters to assist and they may not be as prompt as desired. We had a group of about 12 next to us and it appeared he was helping a co-worker.

OG is a good place for those that like italian fare that is not overly seasoned. They hold back on the garlic and other spices to accommodate most american preferences. I ordered the lasagne. It was predictable, yet very palatible. It came with no sides, on a large plate, and no garnish but the endless salad and breadsticks sufficed. My wife ordered the fried shrimp on a bed of pasta. The pasta had a tomato based sauce that tasted ho-hum to my taste but again, it was not <bad>. We shared an appetizer of asparagus. I thought that would have gone well as a side for my lasagne to add a little color to the plate.

We were in the mood to splurge for some sangria but it was not listed on the menu. Our waiter took care of us and we ended up getting a pitcher. This was a bit more than two of us are used to but would have been an ok amount if four were at the table. Our waiter automatically had water for us without asking. With the sangria ($22), the bill was around $60.

If you visit OG and enjoy the fare, you will enjoy other locations should you travel and want a nice, predictable experience and some italian fare.

• Visited July 2013
California, Kentucky
“Southern Italian?”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

had not eaten at Olive Garden in years, enjoyed our meal. The salad bowl was very good, crisp greens, good dressing. Our grandson enjoyed the individual pizza, my husband liked the egg plant. I ordered spaghetti with extra chicken, but plate arrived with only 4 tiny strips of chicken! Not a good value! Service was good, prompt and efficient.

• Visited June 2013