“Lunch at King Fish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My family recently went to King Fish for lunch before going to the track. Everything was good and better than last time and you can't beat the view. The food here is better than at Captain's Quarters so we rotate between the better view and the better food. They did have $2.50 alcohol drink specials at lunch which was good. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal and the helpings are pleniful. If you are from the deep south do not expect your kind of fish camp. This is not that. The fish is different but in a good way.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Oysters on the half shell were said to be flown in from the south pacific but tasted like they were from the previous days fish bucket. Thankfully we ordered cheesy crab dip. We might have been better off ordering the fried stuff but we opted for the grilled Cajun white fish...just like the sides it tasted like flavorless cafeteria food. Then we ended with a 20 minute wait because their dial up credit card machine was down...not their fault by thought I'd throw it in here. Great view of the river!

1  Thank Zark001
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This restaurant has been a Louisville go-place for many years. The River Road location offers views of the Ohio River with boat and barge traffic. The fish is good but the portions are small and a little pricy. I love their cole slaw. They offer carry-out and there is plenty of parking.

1  Thank Cheri W
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Sorry to tell it like it is but I went through the drive-thru for lunch the other day...I ordered a fish sandwich and for almost $8.00 that is what I got....two pieces of bread and one piece of fish! All sides are extra, drink is extra...so I guess if you want a $12.00 fast food lunch, you should come here!

1  Thank ross_in_Louisville
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Good food and very affordable. Sitting along the river was beautiful. I don't care for hush puppies, but these were the best ever. Our waiter provided outstanding service and was a very nice guy.