“If I could rate this restaurant a zero I would!”
Review of Limestone Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Cross street: N Hurstbourne Parkway
Walbridge, Ohio
“If I could rate this restaurant a zero I would!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My co-worker & I are in town working on a project & wanted a nice meal. Our food and service were terrible. I ordered my steak medium rare & specified more to the rare side. It was well done. I sent it back & when they brought me a new one it was barely warm, not cooked at all. I left it on the plate. My co-worker ordered apple fritters to go prior to even finishing her meal. The waiter cleared the table & then ask if he should put the order for the fritters in. She told him to hold the frozen custard as she is allergic to dairy. He told her that they couldn't hold it! She would have to take it. 20 minutes later he brings out the fritters which were 3 tiny dough balls, under cooked & drowning in a sticky cinnamon. She threw them away on the way out of the restaurant. To end it all, both of our bills were wrong. I was charged for her entree & she for mine. Needless to say not only did we both leave hungry, it cost us $40 each for food we did not even eat. This was a complete disaster from the minute we arrived. We then had to go to the deli at the other end of the complex & order food so it cost us each another $10.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank newman12ryan

Gadsden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food was very good. We had the Hot Brown for lunch.
We were not used to so much salt in our foo, so it left us a little thirsty for the rest of the afternoon.

Visited October 2013
“Foodie Joy”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Third time visiting Limestone, third time enjoying a spectacular three-course 'chef's choice' dinner and third time leaving happy! I don't understand why all restaurants don't offer this, but this three-course dinner is spectacular. The server got our likes/dislikes and then the chef brought my boyfriend and I each a different dish for three glorious courses. The food was innovative, delicious and larger portions than I expected. All this for $32 each - which I felt was a HUGE value. I love good food and the element of not knowing what the chef is going to make is exciting. Seems what he prepared for me was some of my favorite foods and the only input that I provided was that I didn't like spicy hot and wasn't crazy about raw fish. So he was not too constrained yet seems he read my mind. I'll be back again for sure.

• Visited October 2013
Crystal, Minnesota
“A gem off the beaten path!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Limestone restaurant was within walking distance from our hotel..So just happened upon it while driving to our hotel. We had just flew into Louisville and after a long day wanted a nice quiet place to dine. This was the place..food was excellent as well as the service. An nice place to wind down with an excellent dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Lobster time!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Limestone Restaurant has never disappointed me. It's a great place for a special meal in a relaxing atmosphere. This month, they are featuring a lobster dinner (by reservation only, and a few nights each week). The wait staff was extremely polite and attentive. Each course seemed to have something special about it and when we got home we felt like we had had a special night out!

• Visited August 2013