“Server poured water everywhere”
Review of Limestone Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Cross street: N Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, Kentucky
“Server poured water everywhere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I know that people have they're bad days however our waiter was horrible. We attended a luncheon there for a Christmas party there were eight of us and the waiter spilled water every time when refilling and on some of the guests. When someone asked for coffee to go with their dessert he was completely visibly upset to bring the beverage. The food was so so the manager was very customer oriented. I would say try it and make your own opinion just don't get the male waiter with the I'm better than this attitude.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Two good times, One bad time”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Been here three times. Recently, our bad time was with a group of 20 in the seperate room. It took two hours from time we started until we got our entree'. They understaffed our group. They did not set up enough tables for our group to start with. We told them 18-20. They told us we said 15. When the entree was brought to my wife, I remarked it was missing the vegetable (snap peas). The guest to our right had it on his plate and it was described that way on the menu. When the fellow with the suit and tie came to see what was happening he went back to the kitchen and brought out a plate announcing to my wife" here's your extra snap peas" I said the plate was missing them in the first place, they were not missing.

I do not recommend the chicken cordon blue. It was fixed in a non traditional way with a piece of ham half the size of a business card tucked under the skin and little cheese or sauce. The chicken itself was fine. My wife's seafood was average but everyone who ordered this got one scallop on their plate. The server raved about the scallops. The scallop was very good but there was only one scallop and the menu says it comes with scallops. That's plural, more than one! So, I say cook time was very slow and meal priced too high for what you get. Chief Server was adequate but stressed due to little help. The automatic 20% gratuity was presumptious. Barely rates an average this time because I can't give it two stars/poor. That's too low but I go 2.5 stars

• Visited December 2012
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Bland Food. Great Service. Good for Drinkers.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Server was great. Atmosphere was great. All food was bland. Extensive alcohol list but I don't drink. Doubt I will go back. You would enjoy this restaurant if you liked a wide variety of wine and liquor. Maybe drink a lot before eating so it will taste better.

Visited July 2012
West Islip, New York
“Fantastic "Feed Me Chef" Experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wanting to share a fine dining experience during our visit to Louisville, my brother treated us to a "Feed Me Chef" party at Limestone. The experience was extraordinary! The restaurant is a pleasant surprise upon entering , with an upscale but comfortable feel. The service was attentive without being intrusive- the wait staff stopping to explain each course when presented in as much or as little detail as you desired. Our favorites were the scallop appetizer and the classic beef wellington. The soups were especially rich, perfectly seasoned, and extremely satisfying. And the dessert was first class. Making the night stand out even more was the attentive service of Dennis, the sommalier, who magically paired each course with a perfectly complimenting wine selection. It was a singular experience well worth the price!

• Visited September 2012
North Carolina
“A true Kentucky gem!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I found this hidden gem several years ago and as other reviews say, it looks like a cheap resturant in a strip mall. Boy, was I wrong! It is an amazing culinary delight hidden amidst an office park and tucked away from the usual foodie sites on Bardstown or Frankfurt Ave. This was our 3rd or 4th visit to Limestone and we have never been disappointed by the excellent service and the delicous food. Tonight was no exception. Since it was Friday, the resturant was offering a 3 course special with a steak dish as the main course. It was a real deal at under $30 for all three courses, but more importantly, the salad, main course and dessert were delightful! There were 3 steak dishes to choose from for the main course with 3 different preparations and cuts - something for everyone! If steak is not your preference, there were several other options that included seafood, vegetarian, pork and the like. Each of our visits have been early and the restuarant has been virtually empty, so we have had personalized service with no long waits or service delays. Limestone is easily one of our most favorite Louisville establishments and one that we would highly recommend to others interested in an upscale dining experience. It is worth every penny!