“Nothing Beats Frisch's Sauce!”

Frisch's Big Boy Restaurant
Ranked #434 of 1,806 Restaurants in Louisville
Neighborhood: Poplar Level
Neighborhood: Poplar Level
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate at the Fern Valley location. The server, Jeff, was fantastic. IMO the Big Boy if the best hamburger in the world. I feel fortunate that I live in an area where there are several Frisch's restaurants.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was in Kentucky on business and drove by the one on Breckenridge. Big boy was a great place to go when I was a kid but they all disappeared. I had the classic cheese burger fries and a strawberry mike shake. I loved it. Great service, really clean and I got out for under $10.00. this service was great so I left a 50% tip. If you grew up in the 60s and 70s and want a great nostalgia place to go, goe here.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The food was great. The service was friendly and efficient. The waitress offered us coffee to go! I thought this was a nice touch

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've been going to Frisch's for more than 50 years. It's a Louisville staple. On a recent trip to Louisville, we had breakfast at Frisch's and it was certainly better than Denny's and it cost less too. We visited the restaurant adjacent to the Mall at St. Matthews on Shelbyville Road and the people could not have been nicer. They're open early. They're open late. It's a great place to stop before you drop while shopping.

Reviewed May 23, 2010

We have been here many times and always have a pleasant meal. This morning we stopped by for Breakfast Bar and I had them prepare a Burger for me. Hubby loves the selection and taste on the bar. I love the tarter sauce on the burger! Today the place was packed but service was still prompt and friendly. Nice mix of age groups. A true family place. Was pleased with the low bill. A brunch-like meal like the BB breakfast bar at home in the Chicago area would easily be $14.00 or more. This one was only $7.50. Wish they had locations in Illinois!