“Next best thing to being ocean side.”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #285 of 1,781 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Louisville
“Next best thing to being ocean side.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Frankly it's my to go to spot for seafood in Louisville ky. The oysters always fresh. a no brainier when out of town guests come to visit or that last min business lunch. Who wants fresh seafood.

Shelbyville, Kentucky
“What Happened??”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our second time at Mitchell's. Our first time was Thanksgiving and everything was fantastic for our group of 8 then.
We made reservations 3 weeks ahead for Easter brunch with our family of 8. We arrived on time and were seated at a "6" top table. The restaurant was maybe 20% full at the time. It took 30 minutes to get ice water and coffees and 3 drinks on the table. Then we had to ask for spoons for the coffee, lemon for the ice water that was originally requested. It was like a circus with the waitress bringing one thing at a time. I shouldn't have to ask for a spoon when I order coffee with a cream, particularly at this price point (about $40 p/p). And I just love getting an ice tea spoon for coffee....I know that sounds picky, but I'm not eating in a diner.
After the fiasco with getting beverages, I got up and found the manager and told him the little gal that was serving us was obviously overwhelmed and could use a hand....maybe one of those waiters that was standing around doing nothing. About all that request got us was someone pestering us every 5 minutes to ask if we needed our coffee refilled. Do you think at anytime they might bring out extra cream for the coffee??? No. It was like we had to train the wait staff on how to do their job. The manager did finally bring us some bread.
Onto the food: No one ordered apps....didn't want to confuse the wait staff anymore than they already were. Finally our orders were taken by someone that did not know the menu and what items came with certain selections or that you need to ask how you want your steaks cooked. Back to training the staff again. After at least an hour at the not very busy restaurant, 6 of our group received their meals....great balls of fire!?! It seems that they fixed cod instead of sea bass, which wasn't even on their little specials menu. They brought out my mother's order and mine which were the same, steak medallions and lobster tail stuffed with crab meat. Before they sat them down, I told them that I had the med. rare and my mother had the med. well. They had to go back to the kitchen with the dishes to find out which was which. Really??? Finally the dishes came back and you had to cut the lobster with a steak knife! I kid you not. Then the other 2 in our party finally got their meals.
We were at this restaurant for over 2 hours and it was a flippin circus of errors. We have 2 elderly ladies in our group that suffer from dementia and spending 2 hours getting a meal is not acceptable. The one thing that they did right was to take the 2 late orders off of the bill. I'm afraid we will not be returning to drop over $300 at a restaurant that doesn't deserve our patronage. Very, very disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank bluegrassCB
Ky
“Best seafood restaurant in Louisville.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

March 28th was our 32nd year wedding anniversary and we celebrated it at Mitchell's Fish Market and we are so glad that we did. The food was outstanding. We both got a Caesar salad and it was the best that we both ever had. My husband ordered the salmon on a plank and it just melted in his mouth because it was so tender. I ordered the shrimp with pasta. One of the I ingredients was Tabasco. I can't eat very spicy food so they fixed my dish where I would be able to eat it. The Chef fixed it perfectly. It was awesome. The bread was delicious. The server was great and I could tell that everyone cared. One of the managers came to our table to make sure everything was to our liking and when they found out it was our anniversary they gave us a dessert menu and said we could pick out any one for free. My husband got the shark fin pie and I the Creme brûlée which was absolutely delicious. I would give this restaurant a 100% and we plan on going back real soon.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Perfect !!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I got there late night; almost 10 PM. I was very well attended.
That was my first time in town and I was alone, that´s why I asked for a suggestion. I was wondering to get a tuna dish. She also suggested a strong local beer that went very well together with the dish.
The dish came fast and was delicious... great. No words to describe. I really enjoyed.

Jones, Michigan
“Great suggestion and the staff knows the food...”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went here for dinner on a trip out of town for work. It was the first time my friend had been there. She asked the waitress for a suggestion and it was great. Not only did she suggest a good dinner but she knew everything about the dish. It was great to see how she new everything about that meal. The service was great.