Review Highlights

Tour de Ghosts

Reviewed March 28, 2017
delsiam2016
Birmingham, Alabama

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the tour. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable. A nice walk around Louisville. You do not go inside any of the places, except the hotel.

Beth_Ha49, Public Relations Manager at Louisville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thanks for your positive remarks.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

We always like to do a ghost tour in any city we visit. We're not "true believers," but it always makes for a fun evening, and we inevitably learn a lot about the city's history and architecture. We signed up for this tour, and there were thunderstorms, so the tour had to be cancelled. We were contacted multiple ways by text and email about the cancellation, so we had plenty of notice, so we appreciated that customer service. They offered to refund or reschedule, so we rescheduled for the next evening. Our guide Jamie met us promptly. She was friendly, knowledgeable, and a great storyteller. It was entertaining and informative without being silly or cheesy. We got to see some sites we probably wouldn't have otherwise been aware of. The trip isn't quite as atmospheric as tours we've done in other towns that lend themselves better to spooky stories (such as London or Savannah), but it was definitely enjoyable. (It also didn't help that we went in high summer when it was broad daylight at 9:30, but that's not their fault!) It was also certainly appropriate for teens and even older kids. Not too much strenuous walking and nothing too scary for young ones. Worth it if you're looking for something to do in Louisville that doesn't involve bourbon or baseball bats!

5  Thank scout9011
Beth_Ha49, Public Relations Manager at Louisville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Thanks so much for the feedback on your tour with Jayme! We are so glad you had a great time with us and invite you back again sometime! Sincere appreciation for your patronage!

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

So me and my boyfriend had a reservation a a month or more in advance. We get to the corner. At 745 15 minutes early and waited. And waited. 815 hits and so we call the number in the email they had sent us. The only way of communication thus far. They tell me that the guide called in sick. They said they had tried to call and text we had not received a call or text. The number they had on file was incorrect Because I had never provided them with one. Not once. So I don’t know how they even got my phone number. They wanted to reschedule but since we were on vacation we obviously had other things planned the days we were there. If the only form of communication was through email I do not know how they could not think of simply sending an email. I got a refund. And that was that. But was appalled that their guide had gotten sick and they couldn’t simply send another one? Horrible communication and will definitely not recommend to anyone. Maybe try one that is based in Kentucky and not Tennessee.

Beth_Ha49, Public Relations Manager at Louisville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience however, there is obviously another side of the story. Our company policy is to always ask for a cell phone contact, because it is the fastest way to contact you in case there is a problem with the tour such as a severe storm, lost guests, unavoidable travel delays, or a sick tour guide. We also assume email and other forms of communication may not be available while traveling to a tour. As soon as our guide called in sick, our representative started trying to contact you via calls and text. The number you gave was not operative. We would also like to note that there were no other guides available to take the tour that evening or that would have been done immediately. When the tour had to be canceled you were issued a prompt refund. We apologize for any inconvenience the cancelation caused you however, sickness does happen and this was the first time this particular guide had ever called in sick. Also our tour has a Louisville manager that responded immediately to the issue.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

The tour guide was very knowledgeable and taught me things about the history of Louisville that, as a long-time resident, I never knew!

2  Thank John N
Beth_Ha49, Public Relations Manager at Louisville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback! We are so thrilled you enjoyed your tour experience! We appreciate your business.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

I am from Louisville but had a friend visiting from Massachusetts. I had heard many of the stories about the sitings at the various venues throughout this tour but wanted to share the experience with my friend and my family. Our guide was Mick and he was not only very knowledgeable, but also very entertaining. It was an awesome experience for all of us and one I would certainly do again. Thanks to Mick and Louisville Ghost Tours I gained further insight into the hauntings in Louisville. Kudos to you guys for a great evening in my hometown!!!!!

1  Thank Debby A
Beth_Ha49, Public Relations Manager at Louisville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Thanks so much for the feedback on your tour. We are so pleased you had a great time! Thank you for your business! Come back and see us again!

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

This was my favorite part of our trip to Louisville! You get a unique history about some of the local sites of the city that you wouldn't normally see or get during a city tour. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we ended up with a tour with just me and my friend. It was wonderful learning about stops on the tour, as well as the local sites.

1  Thank Sarah R
Beth_Ha49, Public Relations Manager at Louisville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We are so excited you had a great tour and enjoyed your time with us in Louisville! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 28, 2017

This was a fun walking tour downtown Louisville. It was my first tour of this kind and I learned so much history. We met our guide on a corner downtown. Our guide dressed in costume and she was well versed on her historical and fun facts. The tour wasn't scary but the name may not suit kids. We paid by the group so I'm not sure of the cost. Don't forget to tip the tour guide at the end of your tour. You will need comfy walking shoes and expect to be on the tour for a little over an hour.

2  Thank delsiam2016
Beth_Ha49, Public Relations Manager at Louisville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback! We are glad you had a great time. Come back and see us again very soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2016

This was a neat walking tour, learned a lot about Louisville, even though I've lived here all my life.

Beth_Ha49, Public Relations Manager at Louisville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback! So glad you enjoyed the tour. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

The ghost tour was interesting, we learned some interesting facts about Louisville and heard some cool ghost stories.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

The ghost tour was so much fun! Excellent story teller told us great tales at each one of our stops. Lots of history and fun to be had on this tour.

1  Thank js_5897