“Love-It”

Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Louisville, Kentucky
“Love-It”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is one of our favorite places in town for Cuban food, tapas, great drinks and excellent service! We go about once a week and always have a great experience. Try something new and different go to Havana Express ASAP.

Visited October 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“I think I want to drive 2 hours daily to eat here!super good food!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is the best Cuban food I have had in my life! My husband and I ate here two nights in a row. We first ate at the express, I had the pork with pickled onions- this was to die for! The pork was so tender, and seasoned to perfection. I also had their roasted veggies, excellent. My husband had the Ropja Viehja- a stewed beef dish, wonderful. The next night, I had the same thing. My husband had the Vaca Frita- fried beef! More than good. You get large servings, the service was excellent! I wanted to eat there the next day, but we had to leave Louisville. This place is worth driving 2 hours away for their food. Just go right now! Our meal was only $8.00 and you get a lot of food! And it's very kid friendly.

• Visited September 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go! Now!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are reading this because you are looking for delicious food to eat, this is it! Black beans, rice, grilled veggies, sweet plantains, fried yuca, cuban tamales, roasted pork, nothing was disappointing!

• Visited August 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Express Style Food that Tastes Good”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Rarely do I find cafeteria style eateries good, but Havana Rumba is an exception. The food here is excellent, so good that I wish that we had a franchise in Michigan.

My friend was excited to bring me to this restaurant on a recent visit to Louisville and it was well worth it. The prices are good for the amount of food you get, and for the quality of food you are eating. I ordered the Chilidron de Cordero platter of spiced lamb with black beans and rice, with three fried plantains, and was given enough food for lunch, plus leftovers to take home. It was great. My friends were impressed by the cuban sandwiches and sweet potatoes fries that they ordered.

I hope that Havana Rumba continues to branch out, and perhaps come to Ann Arbor, Michigan in the future ;) . I know there are some hungry college students here who would love to eat it.

• Visited August 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Better than Qdoba or Moes”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Much like Tex- Mexican standbys Moes and Qdoba this is a cafeteria style place with a Cuban slant. However there is no comparison with regard to food. Havana Rumba's new place is better than the aforementioned chain restaurants and doesn't cost much more.

Visited August 2012