“Good food downtown!”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Good food downtown!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was skeptical that there could actually be tasty food in downtown Louisville but Saffron's surprised me. Chicken kebobs were excellent - I tend to not order chicken when I go out since, most often, it comes out dry and tasteless. This chicken was some of the best chicken I've ever had - lots of herbs and spices made for great flavor and it was juicy and cooked perfectly! Portions were very big but I would have preferred a few more veggies instead of the mountain of rice it came with. The Persian tea we ordered was interesting - nothing like I've had before but it grew on me and I really enjoyed it with dinner. Only thing I didn't enjoy was the baklava. It is one of my favorite desserts and I don't get to have very often so I was def excited to see it on the menu. Sadly, this one was dry, very hard and not tasty at all. Seemed like it came frozen out of a box. Would not recommend ordering it. Overall the food was very good, however, the service could use some improvement. Although the restaurant wasn't very busy when we went, the servers were not up to par (I would know as I was a waitress for years) and were slow and inattentive. I would imagine that if you go when it's busy the service would be even worse. If you're downtown and looking for something different from the typical southern/American Kentucky fare I would recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Persian in Louisville”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in Louisville for a business conference, found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and dined with 4 friends. The place was not very busy on a Thursday night and we were well taken care of by an enthusiastic and attentive wait staff. They started us off with a plate of veggies and cheese with warm pita bread as soon as we sat down. The menu focuses on Persian food and each of us enjoyed our food.

I strongly recommend the the "lamb special" which is not on the menu. It was about 8 thing lamb chops (rack of lamb lollipop size) grilled to perfection and served with will prepared saffron rice and veggies. I also got a very tasty dark Persian beer (bottled).

The food was excellent and fairly priced, although they automatically added in a 20% gratuity because we were a group of 5.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Fontek
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was the Friday before the Derby and we made reservations through our hotel. It was a very nice restaurant. The food was great! It was crowded but the people were not loud as in other restauruants we had visited. Our waiter was okay but it did not detract from our expereince.

Visited May 2013
Greensburg, Indiana
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I heard about this place through Tripadvisor and really enjoyed our Sat. lunch here. The service was very good, food was delicious and couldn't be happier with the lamb preparation. Definitely suggest trying this restaurant out. And for the money I think they provided a very full plate. We actually just split their special and had plenty! Very good wine selection as well.

• Visited May 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A little out of the way but worth it”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I couldn't believe just a few blocks, well within walking distance from downtown, is a truly wonderful Persian restaurant. I had a half order of rack of lamb and couldn't get through it all. they even make their own infused vodkas for truly unique martinis- not sickly sweet, but packed with flavor. This should be a don't miss- it will be for me the next time I get to Louisville. Family friendly- several Persian families were there with very well behaved children as well as couples. I was alone and felt comfortable. Before you hit the 'been there done that' places again- give this a try.

• Visited April 2013